Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #11 
FishyFriend1

About the cave,
When i study at my desk and i look over beside me to look at charlie, and i think "i wish he would go into his cave" he does!!! No Joke!
Same with my sister, i was teaching her how to siphon her water and i asked her if her betta used his cave and she said no and then he stared swimming through it!
It's crazy
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #12 
FishyFriend1

Also, it looks like your betta doesn't have much room to swim in there.... Just wondering
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #13 
serenarenee

What kind of plant is that?
I think a one gallon works fine if you do what you already said you do. =)
Nice tank. =) I like it a lot.
serenarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #14 
Iziezi

I have two plants in Dobby's jar: The big one behind the pagoda is a Java Fern, and the leafy ones on the side are Wisteria.

Dobby actually has a lot of space to swim, and he's way more active now than he was when the jar was nearly empty. The pagoda is completely hollow, and has four entries (round top window front & back, and domed bottom entry front & back) and there's room to swim behind it also and between the plant stems and leaves. I've also replaced the submersible heater with a wetsafe heating pad under the jar, so now he's got a little bit more space.

Pagoda Adventures: The other morning I got up, and couldn't find Dobby anywhere in his jar. Sometimes he can be hard to spot because he's in the curve of the glass where it's hard to see, but he seemly wasn't in his jar at all this morning. I looked through both openings in the pagoda, no Dobby. The lid was still on, so he couldn't have jumped out. I tapped on the glass a couple of times, and finally see a shadow moving inside the pagoda, and then Dobby pokes his head out of the top window, "What's up?" LOL

And last night when I was changing his water, I took the pagoda out so I could siphon the rocks, and as soon as I put in back in, he swam under it, "Yay, my hidey hole is back!"
Iziezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #15 
peaches3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
I love your jar! :D I think one gallon is fine if you're a dedicated owner, and you seem to be! :) I think everyone says 2.5 so that people that don't go shoving their fish in the smallest container they can find and not change the water :P
I totally agree! Lonnie lives in a one gallon jar, and he is fine! love the decor btw
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #16 
alidawn15

Please tell me that's a Harry Potter reference. Mine's a Dobby too!!
alidawn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:24 AM   #17 
Iziezi

Yes, it's a Harry Potter reference. He came with the name when I adopted him from my cousin who is an avid HP fan. I enjoy it too, I'm just not into it as deeply as she is. =)
Old 02-02-2011, 03:01 AM   #18 
baylee767

Hey, welcome back!

Is Dobby's jar still the same?

Also... 1000th post!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #19 
alidawn15

My 23 year old boyfriend thinks we should name the next fish Pascal for the critter in Tangled...he works at a theater if you can't tell
alidawn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #20 
Iziezi

Hi Baylee, thanks! =) Yup, Dobby's jar is mostly the same. All the wisteria died, too easily, so I haven't replaced it, and I added bubbles (exterior air pump with a hose and air stone) - I only run it once or twice a day for maybe 15 minutes, Dobby likes to play in the bubbles for a while, swim in the bottom and let them carry him to the top. But when he gets tired, hanging out inside the pagoda or on the far side where he's protected from the current, I'll turn it off again.