Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #1 
eclover09

Not Betta's, BUT super cute!

Ok, seriously I NEED TO STOP GOING TO PETCO!!!!

Just got back from Petco -.- Yeah, you guessed it, I got more fish BUT it wasn't a Betta rofl. Ive been avoiding Petco and Petsmart cause I need to stop buying Betta's, like, seriously and I was good girl I avoided the Betta's completely I just looked at the tanks and dog stuff for my dogs (and got a good tank for twenty bucks on sale, was originally 40). But my mom wanted to go look at the other fishes, so we did...and she's really fallen in love with the Balloon Mollies, and there happened to be three babies, like only a few days old, in the tank. I told my mom the others must have been eaten. Big mistake lol because she fell in love with them and didn't want to leave them. My mom's NOT an impulse buyer, she over thinks things till she ABSOLUTELY KILLS IT, so I was pretty surprised that right off the back she was like "Lets get them!". My face was like this o.0 "...really?"

So, yeah, I ended up buying baby Balloon Mollies on impulse. At first I was iffy cause I was like "Mom, seriously, I have NO IDEA how to take care of baby fish" And she was like "No your right...but there gonna die anyway in there...right?" And I was like "Well yeah..." So then I bought them for her, because two weeks ago she fell in love with this one Betta but didn't buy it (again, she over thought it), then when I went to go buy it for her it was gone : ( So at first the guy said we still had to buy them at regular price, which I was like seriously? 3.99 for each? But was like whatever, I have the money. But when we checked out the manager ringed us up and was like "No way I'm making you pay full price for these baby fish" And gave them to us a buck each, which I thought was fair, they still gotta make money.

So yeah...were putting them in Christmas's old 1.5 gallon for now and putting him in the new 2.5 gallon, then my mom said she'll get a bigger tank for them when they grow a bit bigger. There not Betta's, but I have no one else to share this with lol so I thought I would post haha. I googled them as soon as I got home, and luckily I've read they are very easy fry to care for, so I was relieved lol cause if they needed extra special care I would have told my mom "Good luck!" Rofl. We got them fry food, but apparently they can eat normal flake food, but I think I'll wait till there a bit bigger.

We have no names for them yet, my mom's trying to think of some that would all match. So far shes been playing with the idea of Dory, Nemo and Marlin or the names of the three stooges lol. There technically her fish, she's going to take care of them and all, so I still consider myself a good girl for not buying anymore fish for myself : P

eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #2 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I really love balloon mollies. I could never have them in my community tanks because most of my fish were semi-aggressive. =[

congrats!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #3 
bettablue

they look like baby guppies... im sure they are easy to care I've raised my own guppy community and they are pretty easy to raise... good luck!
bettablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #4 
eclover09

They were swimming around like crazy eating a few hours ago, but now there all hiding and we cant find them there so small lol. We stole Christmas's rubber coral plant since its a great little place to hide in, and they must be all in there cause there no where to be found haha.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #5 
celine18

awww thats so cute!!!! you're lucky your mother supports your obsession, my mother's totally unhappy and against it. i think i'd die of shock if she went in a store and fell in love with some fish, haha. good luck with your babies, and please keep us updated with pics!!! :D
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #6 
eclover09

Yeah I'm lucky my mom does, cause I think she would have MURDERED me by now haha. She's been looking for a fish of her own, she wanted a Betta but besides the one that caught her attention she hasn't found "the one" yet lol. I guess these babies were her one's, because the moment she saw them she wanted them. My dad on the other hand -.- He's in FL for work now, but when my mom told him I got my fifth and sixth fish he thought it was absolutely ridiculous and a waste of money. Luckily he's not here to gripe lol.

I will definitely post an update though when they get bigger :D I just hope I can keep them happy and healthy so they can grow up well.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:51 AM   #7 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclover09 View Post
They were swimming around like crazy eating a few hours ago, but now there all hiding and we cant find them there so small lol. We stole Christmas's rubber coral plant since its a great little place to hide in, and they must be all in there cause there no where to be found haha.

Awwe that is too stinkin cute!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #8 
Capricorn

Good luck with them! Post up some more pics when you get a chance. (:
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, they are so cute!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #10 
eclover09

So we've had the babies for about three days now, and they seem to be doing well : ) I was so afraid the first twenty four hours, but there still trucking along. There a little bit bigger, not by very much, but there bellies are a bit fuller then they were when we first got them. I took a video this morning when I put fresh food in there for them to eat. There like little cows, just grazing along lol. They are all bright yellow so I figured they would probably grow up and be bright yellow or orangish, but the biggest one now has like a black dot on each side of him, so now I'm like who knows what color they may turn out to be lol. We still have no names for them haha I think my mom's waiting till they get a bit bigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVAEQjKgdjw