Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2010, 02:05 AM   #1 
baylee767

Question Betta turns his head sideays when he eats?

I feed my Betta biogold floating pellets 4X weekly and he only recently started eating after adjusting. When he grabs the pellet, instead of just reaching up until his body's tilted upwards and grabbing with his mouth with his head completely level like most Bettas he goes up and turns his head a little bit sideways as he grabs the food. It's almost as if his mouth is lopsided or something (I know it's not, but the position he goes in is like that.)

He has planty of room to reach up and in his cup at the petstore since he's small he didn't curve. Any idea what he's doing?
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:38 AM   #2 
scootshoot

Hey Sharks attack food like that! Long as he is keeping the food down and is relatively healthy I wouldn't worry about it.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #3 
DaEvangelist

Bettas have their own unique little quirks. Like baylee says, I wouldn't worry about it unless you notice something really wrong with him that's causing him to do it.
DaEvangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #4 
baylee767

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaEvangelist View Post
Bettas have their own unique little quirks. Like baylee says, I wouldn't worry about it unless you notice something really wrong with him that's causing him to do it.
Thanks! Today I fed him and his head wasn't titled this time, I think that he was trying to learn how to grab floating pellets ! I don't know if that's what he was fed at the store, anyways.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote