Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #1 
bettablue

Exclamation Anyone selling bettas near nevada?

I'm looking to buy some fancier bettas and was wondering if anyone has bred and wants to sell their bettas... I live in Nevada so anywhere in the U.S is probably good shipping wise.
bettablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #2 
1fish2fish

You can go on Aquabid and look. Some sellers on the west coast would be MartinisMommy and SoCal (but he is only selling HMPK females right now).

Hopdiggity in GA is selling some very pretty HMs from Thailand to help raise money for our local show next year. I highly recommend her, her shipping rates are cheaper than anyone else I know and she's very good about getting back to your emails. The males she has listed are only $10 which is cheaper than HMs at Petco!
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #3 
bettablue

well the problem about aquabid is that if they are from thailand then if the betta did die it would take a while to get the money back or send a new one so i would prefer local breeders...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #4 
1fish2fish

The breeders I listed are in the US already.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #5 
MrVampire181

Ditto to above. Also Thai fish are fine too. I was just at Linda Olsons (look at the Thai fish she's the first one listed as a transhipper) house when she got a new shipment. All the bettas were happy and healthy in their little bags. I looked through most of the box (about 100 bettas) and none were dead. Also at $5 a fish (I paid $15 for three fish) you get your fish to the transhipper overnight. Then about 2-3 days for shipping to you (I don't have to because I pick mine up).

I'm a hobbyist who breeds bettas in Colorado. I'm just getting back into it with blue dragons w/ red fisn and pure red HMPKs (the fish I just picked up).

My website is in my signature.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #6 
bettablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
The breeders I listed are in the US already.
o okay thanks I'll check them out...

mr vampire, how do you pay for the thai fish, do u use paypal?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #7 
Jeff72

Vamp,

You are SO lucky that you live near Linda Olson! You get to order some awesome stuff from Thailand and not have to pay all the other fees plus shipping within the U.S. I ordered my first ever Betta from Thailand about 4 years ago and I had it shipped through Linda. It was a Green/Copper Mustard Gas HM male. When I got him, his fins were nipped at a bit, but I have no clue if he arrived to Linda like that or not. I don't regret getting him from Thailand because he was beautiful but I think I ended up paying something like $60-70.00 when it was all said and done.

I am really starting to get interested in HMPK types. That is pretty awesome that you got some red ones as well. So, overall, it's not a big deal to get Bettas from Asia, but it definitely costs a lot more than what you would pay for your typical Betta in a pet store though. Of course, most of the time, the quality of the Betta you get from Asia is far superior to what you would find in a pet store, so that is something to consider as well. Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Ditto to above. Also Thai fish are fine too. I was just at Linda Olsons (look at the Thai fish she's the first one listed as a transhipper) house when she got a new shipment. All the bettas were happy and healthy in their little bags. I looked through most of the box (about 100 bettas) and none were dead. Also at $5 a fish (I paid $15 for three fish) you get your fish to the transhipper overnight. Then about 2-3 days for shipping to you (I don't have to because I pick mine up).

I'm a hobbyist who breeds bettas in Colorado. I'm just getting back into it with blue dragons w/ red fisn and pure red HMPKs (the fish I just picked up).

My website is in my signature.
Jeff72 is offline   Reply With Quote