Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #1 
Panthera

Betta #2- It's a CT!

Well I finally got another ;) After getting Adamu my Delta 8 days ago, I've gotten yet another Betta tonight. So I went to Pet Supplies Plus to drop of my Application to be a "Stock Boy" (Fun right?) I talked to the manager and it seems like I'm going to get it, although I'm not driving yet so my mom will probably drive me or I'll take the bus. Anyway back to the new Betta ;)

I didn't know for sure whether or not I wanted to get a Betta at this store or not, considering they have mostly Veil Tails (Which I'm really fond of), and most of them looked rather sickly last time I was there. I was browsing each one individually, they probably had about 30 different ones. Most didn't interest me, but then when I got to the bottom shelf, I saw 3 CT's who looked to be siblings. Their colors were amazing, one looked almost Rainbow (o.O), another was purple, and the last one was a bright turquoise. The first two didn't look that good, they were barely moving and looked like they had Ick or something. But the third........he was the one. This little devil was flaring at the others, racing around his cup like he was hopped up on meth. So I bought him and a a 2 gallon Critter Keeper for $7.50 and went home. Good deal right? So anyway here are the pics, tell me what ya think, handsome right? Still no name though, suggestions please :D

And now to his Critter Keeper, which isn't that great I know, but it'll do until I get him something better.

Well I'm excited now :3 Never thought having fish would be this fun! Okay so what do you guys think of him? Not bad for a cheap pet store right? OH and do you think I should keep him in the critter keeper, or should I divide Adamu's tank and put him in there? Okay, I'm off to do some water changes for Adamu, I think he's jealous :P
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Really cool fish!!! I don't think he's a full CT though. Looks to be mixed with another tail type because how short his rays are. Probably a VTxCT mix.

The Critter keeper looks like it's a great little home for him!! As long as regular water changes are done he'll be happy as a clam in there!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #3 
Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Really cool fish!!! I don't think he's a full CT though. Looks to be mixed with another tail type because how short his rays are. Probably a VTxCT mix.

The Critter keeper looks like it's a great little home for him!! As long as regular water changes are done he'll be happy as a clam in there!
Oh so that's why its so short. I just figured he was a baby xD Do you think he is pretty young though? He's even smaller than Adamu, and lets face it, Adamu is a miniature delta. I wonder how much both of them will grow, or if they're done growing. It'd be awesome to see them change ;)

Also I've decided on a name for Betta #2, and it took me awhile to think of a good one. I was originally gonna name him Murmur after the Demon, but thought that was a bit too evil. So I looked up different stars, and came across the perfect name for him.............

Polaris.

Ya like? I think it fits him. Anyway I'm just glad I was able to give another Betta a good home, he looked so sad in that cup at the pet store
Old 11-11-2010, 04:17 AM   #4 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Awwe, I like his critter keeper, I love his little cave!

Cute guy =]
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #5 
Panthera

Thanks LikeDiscoSuperfly! Polaris seems to like it enough, he even ate 2 pellets last night and this morning.

Lol I love your avatar xD Castiel is my FAVORITE character on Supernatural. I'm so happy he's back this season.

"So your Castiel? A little shorter than I expected."

"This is just a vessel, my true form is bigger than your Chrysler Building." xD Gotta love him.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #6 
MrVampire181

He looks young to me probably around 4-6 months old. Like DH said he looks like a VTxCT cross.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #7 
Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
He looks young to me probably around 4-6 months old. Like DH said he looks like a VTxCT cross.
Yeah I figured that considering some of the other CT's looked like Giants compared to him. So does that mean his fins won't get any bigger? Or will they just get bigger but not become big long fins like most CT's? And also I had a question. I don't really know what these fins are called, but the two small long ones in the front look a bit weird. The one looked kind of twisted, and the other is reddish. Is this fin rot? I took some pics.

Sorry not the best pics, but I think you can see it. I don't know if thats just his coloring, or if its something else. Thanks! :P
Old 11-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #8 
CrankyFish84

Aww he's cute! :)

Yea the Critter Keeper is fine, my CT was happy in his before I moved him.

Have fun with your new guy!
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #9 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Thanks LikeDiscoSuperfly! Polaris seems to like it enough, he even ate 2 pellets last night and this morning.

Lol I love your avatar xD Castiel is my FAVORITE character on Supernatural. I'm so happy he's back this season.

"So your Castiel? A little shorter than I expected."

"This is just a vessel, my true form is bigger than your Chrysler Building." xD Gotta love him.
I am so happy too. He is my favorite as well, I would have missed him if he wasn't in season 6. =[

He has the BEST lines.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #10 
MrVampire181

Those are called ventral fins. It's normal for them to look kinda messed up especially since he's from a petstore.

And now that I look at him he looks very young. He has a few months to really begin showing his potential. Bettas reach sexual maturity before they're fully developed so a 3 month old betta can breed and then 3 months later grow out his fins to extreme lengths.

Last edited by MrVampire181; 11-11-2010 at 03:04 PM.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote