Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #1 
Panthera

Getting a new Betta tonight! :D

Well most likely xD The Pet Supplies Plus about 15 minutes away from me is hiring for a stock boy, so I got an application and will drop it off later today. But I just know that I won't be able go there without getting another Betta, some of them were just too amazing to pass up. They weren't in the best condition and some looked sickly, but there were a few that I would happily give a home too.

I just need a divider for my 5.5 gallon tank that's rather cheap to either buy or make. Do you think if I cut up some of my cardboard binder and poked holes in it, would that work? Any suggestions for what type of fish or divider would be appreciated! Delta's are my faves ;)
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #2 
dukie1346

Here's an awesome guide on making really cheap and easy dividers :)
It's a lot cheaper than store-made dividers, and look better too. I've made them before, and highly suggest them.

Good Luck :)
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #3 
CrankyFish84

Hi Panthera !
Congrat on the new potential job! You said some look sickly...This is bound to happen when so many are moved at once from probably not the best previous conditions. However, I'd observe them (and the one you have your eyes on) closely for a few more days to make sure it is not a parasite or something.
I'm not being negative, I just don't want to see ya fall in love with a beauty & then they pass away quickly...unless you already bought one, lol...
Then in that case....Dividers are a pain in the butt, I won't lie...It took me like an hour to
get it just perfect & make it stand up normally using gravel & decorations to hold it up...It made me feel so dumb. lol
I find the premade ones on clearance often @ big chains for about the same as making your own.
There is a good thread here about making them yourself though.

Good luck :) Make sure ya give us pics !!
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #4 
dukie1346

wow, I forgot to post the link before...sorry :D
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote