Hi! I bought my little Betta about 5 months ago. I think he is sick and I need some advice, asap! Any help is appreciated!
Basically, up until a few weeks ago he was a happy, outgoing little fish. Then about a week and 1/2 ago I noticed a white, cottony looking spot on his side. The below is a picture of another fish I found on the internet, it looks similar to what Villa has.
I bought Marcyn and some aquarium salt. I did a 1/3 water change and added in some of the aquarium salt. I also treated the aqaurium with the Marcyn for the past four days. (He is in a 4 gallon Biorb aquarium, by himself). I also changed the filter.
He dosen't seem to be getting better. He is very outgoing in the morning but dosen't respond to me like he usually does. He sits on the bottom and has his fins clamped up. He also seems to have a little speckling of white on him but I don't think it is Ich.
I am not sure if I was right in thinking it was a fungal infection, maybe it is bacterial? I saw something hanging off of him last night that almost looked like tiny intestines or something, a little pink color but it dropped off of him. Could that be a parasite or was it probally just him pooping?
Basically I don't know what to do next. Over the past week I have done two additional water changes to make sure the water is clean and adding in more of the aquarium salt.
Should I take him out of the 4-gallon tank and put him into a vase to treat him there? I am afraid that maybe there is bacteria or what not lingering in the aquarium. I checked my levels this morning and my ammonia levels are perfect but my nitrite levels are at 0.25.
Please let me know if I should move him to a vase to treat him and if I should continue to use the Macryn or switch to something else.
Thank you sooooooo much! I will be absolutely devastated if he dies!!