Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: how did you get you into betta's?
Got one as a present 7 14.89%
always loved them 7 14.89%
read up aout them and got interested 16 34.04%
other 17 36.17%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #1 
Jakr959

How did you get into betta's?

I want to know how you got into loving and owning betta's. it you choose other, please tell us below.

Last edited by Jakr959; 06-30-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Jakr959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #2 
Learn To Fly

My first fish was a betta. I didn't know much about them til my second betta. But that's really about it: I wanted a fish and got a betta :D

I wanted a pleco, but I'm glad I got a betta.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #3 
LMac54

My LFS mailed out coupons one day and one was 'FREE BETTA with purchase of bowl and food". I always wanted a fish, so I thought this was a great deal. I knew nothing about fish keeping and thought Bettas would be easy to take care of.

Little did I know that I would be bit by the Betta bug and learned so much. Now I have 2 boys (and wanting more), and learning how to cycle my first 10gal tank.
LMac54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #4 
RandomFish

My mother-in-law really likes bettas and over the past 10-11 years she's given us a total of six. #'s 5 and 6 are still alive n kickin (if they could kick). At first I was like, "Oh no, boring fish..." but when I started reading about them online and how they come in a variety of forms and colors, I got hooked. Now I'm addicted enough to have shelled out $50 for a halfmoon on Aquabid.
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:47 PM   #5 
Alexanderismylife

I got my first betta fish Bubba and I was hooked from there lol! I also didn't know too much about bettas and Bubba lived in a bowl for about 6 months but then he happily lived in his 2 gallon tank and then was upgraded to a 5 gallon tank but then sadly passed away! and Now I have 2 bettas used to have 3 but my mom fell in love with my crownie Xavier :[ Have always loved bettas ever since!
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

My first one was actually my neighbor's. She left him with me when she went on vacation 3 different times. The third time she never came and got him so I kept him. She said she didn't want to fool with him when I tried to tell her how to care for him properly.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #7 
TheJadeBetta

It all started, because I got upset about something. I really don't remember now. But I got my Sapphire, may he R.I.P. But when I got him, I saw the tanks they had and I still remember thinking to myself "Kinda small aren't they?!" So I got him a 1.5 gallon tank.
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #8 
Kato Aaron

My sister and i went to walmart and she got a male and female betta. All we knew was not to put them together cause they'll fight and you can breed them lol. I fell in love with a blue single tail male and took him home. then i went i want to get him a friend so i got my female and them we slowly got more and more then got addicted. Now my sister has a billion guppies and 7 bettas and i have 6 goldfish and 15 bettas XD
Kato Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #9 
Betta Slave

When I was smaller, I really wanted a fish, because my dad was/is a fish person himself. He had a community tank in the family room that he took care of, and I was fascinated with all of the tetras and cories swimming around in there. He also bred electric blue/yellow cichlids. I learned all of my basic fish knowledge from him.

So one day I asked him for a good beginner's fish (I was about... seven or so.)
And we went to the petstore and picked up a 2.5 gallon bowl, heater, gravel, plants, etc. A week later I got my first fish. Darwin, who was a purple/pink/green VT.

I didn't know I would still have the Betta Bug 6 years later. o.o
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #10 
FireKidomaru

i acually went into petco and i had wanted a tank with balloon bellied mollys but i went to look at the bettas and i found Fire R.I.P and he stole my heart.. i ended up gettin a tank and him
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote