Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #1 
Waterbottle2

Quick question about the marineland 2gallon

Hey guys so i've got a heavily planted 10g. Been having problems lately with the divider and today one of my bettas got over the divider (second time) luckily no fight this time. I'm totally done with dividers so I put one of my beautiful boys in a spare 1g I had. He's only been there for a few hours doing fine etc I have a digital thermometer and believe it or not I've got it stable at 79 degrees.

Anyways I'm not keeping them in a 1g for longer than 2 days (I'm going to try to get him a new tank tommorow but I've got a very, very busy schedaule tommorow) so if I cannot manage it tommorow its going to be saturday.

Had a question though about a new tank. Has anyone had experience with the marineland 2gallon? Seems it comes with a filter and everything. I feel so bad keeping my guy in a 1g but I figure is only for a day two at MAX. My other guy is really happy though having the 10g all to himself.

I'm looking for suggestions on 2-2.5 gallon aquariums and if you've had experience with the marineland 2g please let me know
Thanks a ton
Waterbottle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:07 AM   #2 
abbeh15

Are you talking about the 2g eclipse? If so I would avoid it and get the 3g. The 2 has no feeding hatch, so to feed your betta you'd have take off the hood every single time. I found the lighting to be quite poor also.

The 3 has a small door that gives you access to the filter media and enough space to drop food in. Water changes require removal of the hood, which isn't a big deal to me. Lighting is much greater too.
abbeh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #3 
Waterbottle2

thanks I actaully found the time to upgrade my tank today very happy
Waterbottle2 is offline   Reply With Quote