Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #11 
ilovebunnies

very pretty!
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #12 
Chopstick Chick

Thanks guys! And thank you for telling me what his coloration/pattern is called. I never would have guessed dalmation! And in some lights his body does look peach colored so apricot fits him very well. He hates the glass thermometer I have in the tank, he sees himself in it and flares up. I had to move it to behind his bubbler bcause otherwise he just sits there flared up at it forever. He is quite aggressive, never had a betta that flares up at almost anything before. My finger on the glass he flares up at, his rflection in any surface, the back of the tank, the thermometer, and once at his plants until he realised they weren't fish. He gets all freaked out and I saw him nip a chunk off his tail last night when we saw it as he was flared up at the thermometer. I'm hoping he will calm down in a few days, so far he is eating everything I feed him and is very active. I fed him some soaked betta pellets yesterday, and some defrosted blood worms today and no troubles with either so I don't know if he's aggressive because that's just how he is, or is he's stressed out from being placed in his new home, because don't stressed bettas stop eating?
Chopstick Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #13 
celine18

SHUICHIII!!! hahaha i checked the new posts this morning, when i had spare time, and saw this and had such a major gravitation fan-girl moment!!!! XD you should get another betta named ryuichi!!! hehehehe i loooooove me some gravi!!!!!! it was my first yaoi back in the day...

oh my, i got so caught up in the fan-girl crazyness i forgot to say that i love your shu-chan! he is super cute!

Last edited by celine18; 11-15-2010 at 07:28 PM.
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 gallon tank, betta, marimo, pink, shuichi