Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #11 
naturegirl243

Just be careful having so many and remember each fish is a couple year comitment usually.The most I bought at once was for a sorrority tank but that was deffinatly planned ahead of time lol.I bought three and already had two at homeI have 4 in the tank now and one mean VT female(this just happened this week)but one time I bought my two HMPK males at the same time but I waited weeks before getting them, and talked non stop about them on here lol.I only impulse bought once(Anardil) and even then when I went to the store I was saying I am pretty sure I am getting a betta today lol.I am just a planner.Just don't get so many that it starts becoming a chore and not a fun hobby thats what I was starting to do but I am under control now.I still have to keep from buying fish every time I go in the store.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #12 
TaylorW

As weird as this sounds, I kinda wish I was an impulse buyer and not as much of a planner! I passed up an orange dalmatian double tail at Walmart, and I've left fish on the verge of death in the stores several times!

I just know that my parents and boyfriend would be annoyed with me since I live in a small 2-person dorm, and it would be difficult for me to care for more than one betta! :(
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #13 
CrankyFish84

Yeah I had debacles with filters & then leaks in a tank...It is a bummer to have to scramble when these things happen, and multiple bettas mad they are being moved again. lol I have to plan water changes when my roomie isn't home so I don't annoy them with water noises. Can't wait till the 10g tanks are planted & divided :)
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, as hard as it is to resist, you should never have more than you can take care of because it will end up being a chore instead of a fun hobby.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:30 AM   #15 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Yeah, as hard as it is to resist, you should never have more than you can take care of because it will end up being a chore instead of a fun hobby.
And not to mention the bettas not being properly cared for will suffer!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #16 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Yup, that's exactly what I think too!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote