Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #11 
TaylorW

What a cool little guy! And when I say little, I mean it figuratively XD
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #12 
charliebebop

I was looking at getting a bamboo shrimp myself. It's true, they do like current, and enough suspended particulate matter for them to eat, so if your tank is pristine and crystal clear, they might not have enough to eat without extra feeding, which apparently can be done by squirting ground up flake nearby with a turkey baster.

They also like to climb up to where the current is strongest, so it would be a good idea to to provide some means for them to do this, eg some driftwood mid stream. I even thought about building something like this, although more for comedy value :)

Folding Wood Stepladder, 5" Tall: DOLLHOUSE Miniatures - eBay (item 120388048856 end time Nov-26-10 09:03:32 PST)

Also bear in mind, if it can't find a strong current, it also might try and climb out of the tank altogether. Make sure your hood is secure
charliebebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #13 
Drift

I've seen those African shrimp's at That Fish Place before. They are really neat! They stood on top of one another in a triangle formation catching their food!
I've only seen them that once though.
Keep in mind some betta's will attack anything in their tank and might get stressed out over the presence of something else in there. I have one that will attack anything that moves, and then I have some that are very passive and coexist with other creatures no problem. :)
Make sure you research them fully and know that you have the right tank setup.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #14 
heythatsme

I was just wondering because I am considering getting one for my 29g sorority. There's one spot where my filter baffle doesn't work and so there's probably enough current for it. They're definitely the coolest freshwater shrimp I've ever seen.
heythatsme is offline   Reply With Quote