Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #11 
TRISHIESfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayHudson View Post
Do you have a heater for your tank?
yes. Its a 3 gal tank and the heater is for 2-15 gals. its suposed to keep the temp at 78 but I can only get the temp to stay at 74-75. Our living room heater should be fixed next wednesday.
TRISHIESfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #12 
Waterbottle2

Hey I hope he gets better and will pray for your betta. How man water changes do you normally do? Also you might want to get a hydor mini heating pad. A few people dont like it but I really do
Waterbottle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #13 
Waterbottle2

Honestly 74-75 isnt THAT bad. Its a lil lower than what it should be but its not like its under 70 where ur fish is freezing. But getting the water to around 78 would be ideal 78-82 is wonderful. dont worry if it goes a little over 82...wont hurt them I've heard some ppl raise the temp to 85 when their fish gets sick
Old 11-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #14 
TRISHIESfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbottle2 View Post
Hey I hope he gets better and will pray for your betta. How man water changes do you normally do? Also you might want to get a hydor mini heating pad. A few people dont like it but I really do
To be honest, I didn't do a routine water change. I was given bad advice from the shops and know much about Bettas. And he never had any problems. But now I am learning. And now I have found this board. The hydor is a heating pad for the water? After we get the living room heater fixed I will see what temp the water maintains.

Side note he seems to be doing a little better.

Last edited by TRISHIESfishie; 11-19-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: forgot something
TRISHIESfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:00 AM   #15 
Waterbottle2

i'm glad hes doing better ya weekly water changes really help. If you keep up with weekly water changes you'll see the difference :) for a 3g maybe twice a week? not sure. I really hope he gets better.
Dont feel bad though the petstores usually give really bad advice its good that you are trying they hydor mini is basically a lil black pad that heats the water however its not adjustable or anything. I'm not sure if a 3g tank is big enough for a hydro theo 25watt.

If you need further help on the heaters send adastra a private message adastra helped me pick out my heater lol