Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #1 
Kribby

New and introducing my babies

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum as of 20 minutes ago and I have taken a brief look around and decided I like it here. Hopefully I will be able to integrate myself as an active member of the community.

I have been searching for an active and friendly betta communty to share my enthusiasm for a couple of days now and I think I finally found one.

So, I figured I should start with the important part. Introducing my finned children to everyone.

I'll start off with my pride and joy, Phantom. He is a nice black lace male that was bred from two halfmoon blue dragons. He is the last surviving male from the spawn. He was bred in Canada by Crazy4Bettas.

Next on the list is Lil'bit. He is a baby HM also bred by Crazy4Bettas and has a marble gene in him. So he is going through some pretty radical colour changes right now.

This is Not Dead yet. He is a pretty little pet shop find I got a few months back. He is pretty cute. The flash kind of washed out how dark his face is though.

Snow and Blizzard are a female and male pair I bought from Vinita in Thialand. She came highly recommended to me what I was looking for some Thai fish to add to my family. They are just settling in now. They are both halfmoon plakats

Skylar is a halfmoon butterfly, also from Vinita's stock. Saddly he did some chewing on the flight to Canada. However, he is still a handsom fish.
[img][/img]

And last but not least are a pair of black copper halfmoon plakats, also from Vinita. The female wasn't being nice for the camera so only the male, Gold Dustm is shown.

Kribby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #2 
Neelie

they are gorgeous! love them all!
phantom is my personal fav!
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #3 
Malvolti

Those are some amazing fish...er...children.

Last edited by Malvolti; 11-21-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #4 
Betta Slave

Beautiful fish!

Just out of curiosity, which pet store did you find Not Dead Yet from? I'm from Canada too, but I've bever seen any boy like that before in a pet store!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #5 
TaylorW

You have such amazing bettas! :D
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #6 
Kribby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Beautiful fish!

Just out of curiosity, which pet store did you find Not Dead Yet from? I'm from Canada too, but I've bever seen any boy like that before in a pet store!
Hey there,

I found Not Dead Yet from Aqua Nation. It is a little mom and pop shop in Nova Scotia. They try to bring in different types of betta fish when they can. Like dragons, halfmoons, crowntails, double tails, etc.

He was the only one in the shipment that looked like that, though there were quite a few nice guys. :D
Old 11-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #7 
celine18

those are all such pretty fish!!! and i love your tanks too! very nicely planted!
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #8 
Kribby

Thanks Celine18, I don't use filters with my betta since I find they usually just end up pushing my fish around. So part of my clean water strategy involves keeping all my betta tanks planted with good healthy and fast growing plants. That in combination with water changes keeps my water quite nice.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #9 
FireKidomaru

I LOVE YOUR FISH!! they are soooo beautiful and there fins are in beautiful condition..your very lucky
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #10 
Kribby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKidomaru View Post
I LOVE YOUR FISH!! they are soooo beautiful and there fins are in beautiful condition..your very lucky

Thank you, I will admit I do have an unfair advantage of working in a pet store. So I do get first crack at the betta shipment (within reason of course) and I also know a couple of very good breeders in the maritimes. They have been very patient with teaching me and helping me with all my betta related problems