Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #11 
Hirelena

It seems to be under the skin, like a pimple. So does that mean its a tumor? *sad* man, I treated him for one illness and a more serious one arrives that I can't solve.

Thank you oldfishlady for the help, ill start the treatment today.
Hirelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #12 
Hirelena

Sadly when I came home from work today, I found my betta Aya dead at the bottom of the tank.

I tried to fast him, and tried the pea treatment, and epson salt, and nothing seemed to help. Thank you oldfishlady for all your help, I really tried!

I am unsure what to do with the tank now though, because I heard you should 'treat' the tank after a fish dies. I am very worried that if I buy a new betta and put him in that tank it may make the new fish sick.

Is there something special I have to do to it?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #13 
Oldfishlady

Sorry for your loss...it happens to all of us and sometimes not much we can do....

As for the tank...a good cleaning with warm water and diluted bleach (20:1)-rinse well and use extra dechlorinator with the finial re-fill... if you have time between fish...let it air dry in the sun for a day or so....most pathogen die without water in 24-48h....some of the pathogens that infect our fish are always present in the tank and the immune response of the fish is what help to keep it at bay.......and so regardless if it is going to happen...it will happen....fresh clean dechlorinated water and good nutrition is sometimes the best defense.....

Look forward to hearing about and seeing your next wet-pet.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #14 
Hirelena

Okay, I can def. do all that to treat my tank. So before a new fish goes in, Ill do this to try to prevent any previous sickness on any new fish.

But you are right too, a small amount of bacteria can be helpful in bulking up a immune response, like a normal human. So I will not be obsessed over it, but Ill do a good scrubbing to do what I can.

Thank you for all the advice, this forum and its people have been so nice and helpful~