Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2010, 03:12 AM   #1 
baylee767

Arrow Water Conditioner?

Whenever I change my water I only use Tetra brand Aquasafe that removes chlorine and copper. I usually fill an old 2 liter soda bottle (it's been cleaned throughoutly and was a long time ago) I always use the same one so I know it's clean.

For every 2 liter bottle of water I put in 4 drops of aquasafe. Is this okay? I probably would have a hard time getting other conditioner but if I could convince my dad it's urgent than maybe I can get some more if I absolutely NEED more conditioners. I use tap water that's been tested and I know the levels in it are somewhat ideal. (not really any ammonia, a bit of copper and chlorine but conditioner removes that, PH 7.6)

So basically, is it okay for me to continue doing what I've been doing to condition the water?
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:29 AM   #2 
baylee767

Please someone respond I need to be sure I'm doing it right.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:01 AM   #3 
wallywestisthebest333

Well I use Jungle's Start Right. But here's what you need to do:

You find out how many gallons your bowl/vase/tank is then you look at the back of your water conditioner bottle to see the dosing requirements for your tank/bowl/vase.

It'll usually give the measurements for 1 and 10 gallons. Really all you need to do for anything between those is simple division or multiplication. =]

So many drops/cap-fulls/teaspoons per gallon usually.
Instead of using a Coke bottle that only holds 2 liters (a gallon=3.785 liters) that you get a gallon jug of water at the super market, empty that and use it instead?

A gallon of water costs around $0.60-$0.86 at Walmart.

That way you can use it to fill your enclosure to find out how many gallons it is then find out how much to dose from there.

Hope this helped. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #4 
aleXander

Make you a gallon of filtered water with additives then use that to fill your tank back up. Thats the only you can be accurate with the dose.
aleXander is offline   Reply With Quote