Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

I live down the street from a park and every year, Native Americans have a gathering that lasts for several days. One year I went over there with a couple of neighbors. We were watching some of the traditional dances and a lot of people were dressed in their native clothing. They announced that the next dance was the rabbit dance. One of my ignorant neighbors says" I never heard of the rabbit dance but I've heard of the bunny hop. " Then they started jumping up and down and laughing. I was so embarrassed!! They got some dirty looks from some of the Native American people. When you go to something like that, you need to show respect!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #22 
Jupiter

No kidding! Some people are just so ignorant...

Like when I would dispatch, this one customer would call sometimes and tell me, "Don't send that Japanese kid!" Said 'Japanese kid' was a Korean man...eventually I got tired of it and pointed out, "Actually, sir, he's Korean." He replied with, "So what? Not really a difference."
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:49 AM   #23 
CrankyFish84

Ahhh omg some of these experiences are so depressing...I get ashamed to be human sometimes.
Bugs have better manners than some humans.

The "Northerns are nerds" thing I've never heard before! wth?

And yea, "women are bad drivers"...pffff whateva....I haven't had an accident in almost 15 years that was my fault. :)

I was at a bar w/ a jewish friend & then these 3 guys we had chatted up about some non-controversial topic
out of the blue start gearing the convo to how the holocaust was fake & jews have a plan to enslave all christians...they were dead serious too...And talking REALLY LOUD about it...Wow.
I just can't stand nasty comments about different races or religions...
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #24 
CrankyFish84

OH and semi related...I also can't stand people who treat waitstaff or service industry people like crap...
You know they will actually spit in your food...right? lol that's not a myth.
And nurses get abused so badly it's insane...don't yell at the nurse just bc the doc is taking longer than expected...
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

There are such ignorant people in my neighborhood. Status is a big thing here. One neighbor will say stuff about people like "oh they don't have any money. Look at the car they drive. " To me, a car is a mode of transportation, not a status symbol. Also, some of my ignorant neighbors don't like ethnic foods like Chinese or Mexican because they think they're dirty.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #26 
Betta Slave

DQ, that's so dumb! Argh, people.....
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #27 
TaylorW

Ugh, reading some of these stories makes me depressed to be a member of mankind... Hehe, can I change species? :P

But in all seriousness, I think most people have lost touch with what's important in life and how to be respectful to others. It's a real shame :/
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #28 
ilovebunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Not everyone from NJ is like The Real Housewives of NJ or the Jersey Shore (and actually, all but one of them is from Staten Island). I don't have big giant hair and I don't wear a lot of gaudy jewelry and a truckload of makeup. I grew up near Ocean City. No one who lived in that area looked like that. Most of them looked like California surfers. It was the people who came in from Philly who looked like that! (How's that for stereotype? :P It's okay, I lived in that area too. George Carlin says it's okay to hit your own guys.)
+ 1
It's a shame too, people watch this show and think that this is all that NJ is. There is a lot of beauty to this state. We are the florescent mineral capitol of the world and the biggest exporter of blueberries.

Hehehee, I live around the OC area too!
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #29 
MrVampire181

My big one is if you've got brown skin your Mexican or if you speak spanish your Mexican. There's a ton of other countries that speak spanish! My friends dad is from Honduras and hates it when people call him Mexican. And of course...if your Mexican you jumped the border....

My friend made a video on this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSbhvnBFbvk
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #30 
JKfish

I hate when people assume because I"m asian that I should speak fluent "chinese" (korean- which unfortunately ATM I don't) as well as English, and not even take a class like spanish (even though 3 years of foreign language is necessary)...WTH? They're saying this, and yet their ancestors are from european countries... if those "rules" applied to them, they should be speaking something like german or italian fluently as well as english! >.<

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-20-2010 at 05:53 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote