Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
My big one is if you've got brown skin your Mexican or if you speak spanish your Mexican. There's a ton of other countries that speak spanish! My friends dad is from Honduras and hates it when people call him Mexican. And of course...if your Mexican you jumped the border....

My friend made a video on this:
YouTube - A Latino Perspective.
I know how you feel. I have a Spanish last name and I think that the reason I've had problems with making friends since I moved to Kentucky is because people are so prejudiced. My dad was Spanish and my mom doesn't have a drop of Hispanic blood in her. She's from Kentucky. There is a Mexican restaurant that we go to and they get a big kick out of it when I try to speak Spanish to them. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #32 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I know how you feel. I have a Spanish last name and I think that the reason I've had problems with making friends since I moved to Kentucky is because people are so prejudiced. My dad was Spanish and my mom doesn't have a drop of Hispanic blood in her. She's from Kentucky. There is a Mexican restaurant that we go to and they get a big kick out of it when I try to speak Spanish to them. lol
Lol. In Mexico they speak to me and though I can usually talk back to them sometimes I'm like...."huh?". Also when I listen to spanish music (Reagaeton rocks!) they think I speak fluent spanish.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #33 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, I'm definitely not fluent in spanish but I wish my dad would have raised us to be bilingual.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #34 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I wish I was bilingual too, well taught at a young age. it's sooooo good to know.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:28 PM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

One time my mom and I were in Los Angeles visiting my older brother and we had gone to the mall. We were going to take the bus back to his apartment. My mom walks up to this person and asks what time the bus left. The person says "No Ingles. " My mom replies "Oh, that's ok. I no speaka Spanish. " I could have died of embarrassment! lol
Old 11-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #36 
Betta Slave

Lol DQ! :P

Oh, another one to add. If you have freckles, you're a complete nerd. This wasn't said directly to me, but on facebook, a bunch of people I knew were talking about it.

There is nothing wrong with my freckles, thank you!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #37 
vaygirl

Freckles rock! :D I has them too.

Oh, DQ! I would have died.

We live in an town pretty close to NY by train and so we have a lot of different ethnicity here. We have a very large Indian population here in Edison too. When my husband's parents came to help us move in, his Dad was yelling, "You got a lot of mexicans around here." and he was all upset that there were market signs in different languages all up and down RT 27. I wanted to crawl under a rock.

Last edited by vaygirl; 11-21-2010 at 11:56 AM.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #38 
Betta Slave

Awesome! :D Yup, I love freckles :3

I can't believe how shallow some people are to judge by your skin! And reading the stories on here, wow....
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #39 
SilverCaracal

Apparently, if you live in Texas, you ride a horse to school. I don't even own a horse, and I only know like one person that does!! Also, if I see a horse, I'm like "Look it's a horse!!" Well, if I saw horses everyday, I wouldn't be yelling "Horse!". Anyways, Texas ranks the highest in car crashes, or that's what I've heard. Umm...if everybody rides horses, there shouldn't be any crashes right??
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #40 
TaylorW

Yesterday I was talking to my mom about a new friend I made at college. I was describing what she looked like and I said "She's really short and tiny" My mom interrupts me and asks "Oh, is she Asian? Like from China or something?" *facepalm* She's Caucasian and my mom just assumed she was Asian because she was short and tiny.
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote