Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #21 
bettafish15

Bleh, trolls are annoying. >.>
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #22 
JaspersANGEL

I'm really starting to ask y tho, Y are Betta's so miss-treated with awful tanks such as those, like would u stick a Cichlid in one of those tanks Jupiter linked.
I remember him too!

It's starting to really drive me nuts!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #23 
JKfish

People, I highly doubt this was actually a troll. Trolls go out of their way to be obnoxious, they post in multiple places to try and get people ruffled and annoyed. They're rude, and don't bother with intros like the OP, saying "hey, is this okay?"

This person was not rude in his post, and I"m thinking it was a legit question. He took the time to write with good grammar, while a good ammount of most trolls just slap something down and don't bother with how intelligent they appear.

Plus, he's posted in the art place, asking again, a decent question. He wants to know if someone can draw him a pic so he can get a tatoo done. No signs of trollness here.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #24 
kfish

I have a smooth patch on my palm from touching a light bulb (eleven years ago, lol). YEOWCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That burn hurt for AGES. I enjoyed scaring other kids in school with the horrible blister, though.

In theory the lava lamp thing is a cool idea... but definitely not a good or humane idea.

I can't believe that official lava lamp betta tank has BUBBLES that constantly go up the entire length. The betta can't even get out of the way! :( :( :( It's like a betta torture chamber!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP I just saw the PRICE! My five gallon tank with filter and heater was cheaper!

Last edited by kfish; 11-22-2010 at 11:34 PM.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #25 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post

EDIT: HOLY CRAP I just saw the PRICE! My five gallon tank with filter and heater was cheaper!
I know. I can never comprehend how people can go to a Walmart or something, look at these two kits side by side at the same price and think, "I'll go for the one that the betta can barely move in!" I guess because it looks cuter?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #26 
Malvolti

When ever I have questions like that I always remind myself of an old saying, "People are stupid".

If only there were a better way to get companies to wake up aside from feeding their paper shredders.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #27 
fishmadcraig

On a SERIOUS note. Do not use that as a heater for your Betta... there is no thermostat, the bulb is designed to reach fuming temperatures in a short amount of time so that the LAVA flows...

keyword there being LAVA. Poor fish, a very bad idea, and torture for any animal. Not cool, sort something permanent out for this poor fish. Some people dont deserve pets.
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #28 
bettafish15

I'm thinking this was some sort of troll, there've been no replies on this post or the other post since. IDK :/
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #29 
TaylorW

Just because some people don't know what makes a good home for a betta doesn't make them a bad pet owner, fishmadcraig... They could have seen those lava lamp tanks at walmart and thought that a real lamp would work the same way...

If they didn't deserve to have pets, they wouldn't be here asking questions.
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #30 
JKfish

People, stop it. Learn to actually think about a situation from *more* than one persepective before making judgements on others.

some of your comments, though not directed to the OP, make you sound like you know it all, like you think the person is a complete idiot, like everyone should know this or that

As I said before, there are no real signs of trollness. And, like Taylor said, he asked questions that weren't meant to offend, they were just simple questions. So what he hasn't been on in a while? With the way some of you are acting towards him and talking, it's no surprise. If I were labled as a troll on a new forum I've JUST gotten on to for asking a question that might seem stupid to people who know better but perfectly fine to me, I wouldn't come back for a bit...Besides, you know, people have lives. That's it. End of discussion. Be polite, and don't automatically assume things just because one little detail matches a sterotype. Sheesh.

Last edited by JKfish; 11-23-2010 at 08:59 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote