Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #41 
JKfish

Lol, true. Guppies are nice (though small), but they lack the personality and spice that bettas do.

I love bettas, I think their attitude and intelligence (even though they can't be together) is the best thing about them. The second best thing is their different types and colors

edit: They'd kill each other in a smaller tank, trying to fight for dominance of the "territory". In a super large tank (larger than 20 ) that's heavily planted and such (there are one or two members who have done this sucessfully, but they've got lots of experience), you might be able to keep two or so, but even then it's a huge risk. They've been bred hundreds of years to fight, don't think you can change that...

Last edited by JKfish; 11-24-2010 at 08:10 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #42 
danifacetastic

Petsmart unfortunatly doesn't have 10 gallon sets that cheap. I was just looking for one a few weeks ago. The cheapest I found was at WalMart. It's a ten gallon with a hood, bulbs and a filter and it was $40. The one at Petsmart was $50 I believe. You'd still need to buy a heater too.

Btw thanks for coming back :) I'm glad you did so we know now that you're trying to do what you can to get your fish in a good home. Congrats :)
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #43 
JKfish

http://www.black-friday.net/bf/petsm...ck-friday.html

second one down :)

If you go to petsmart's website, and to to the BlackFriday tab, you can look at what they'll have. The ten gallon kit is one on sale, and also when I typed in my zipcode, and flipped through the "catalouges", I did see something that said 20% off all tanks (with petperks card)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #44 
danifacetastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
PETsMART.com Black Friday Ad and the 2010 PETsMART Black Friday Deals

second one down :)

If you go to petsmart's website, and to to the BlackFriday tab, you can look at what they'll have. The ten gallon kit is one on sale, and also when I typed in my zipcode, and flipped through the "catalouges", I did see something that said 20% off all tanks (with petperks card)
:o Dang
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:32 AM   #45 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
They actually have these tiny lava lamp-type tanks made for bettas...it's only a little over a litre, so it is possible that user isn't a troll. I remember there was a user here a while back that had two of them.
IDK, maybe it's just me, but...does the Betta in that picture look PhotoShopped in? It looks like a failed art project. I kinda noticed when I clicked on the globe aquarium linked from the lava lamp (check out the goldfish). Unfortunately I can't find a clear picture of the box. It seems to me that they just create the aquariums without putting the fish in it. :\
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #46 
TaylorW

Those kind of tanks make it seem like an ok idea to put fish in a lava lamp, and it's really sad :( Glad the OP is getting a more suitable tank! :) :)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote