Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #31 
kpullen89

I LOVE this thread. Everyone has awesome pictures and beautiful horses! I'm an equestrian, since 8 years old! I was brought up riding a mixture of english(hunter/jumper style) and western pleasure, trying to be a well rounded rider. But I've fallen in love with dressage as I've grown up. My college riding career is more geared towards dressage and eventing.

I ride with my university's IHSA and their drill team. We are currently choreographing a production of Around the World in 80 days.. I love drill riding! I compete as an individual too in Combined Training/Eventing shows.

Here are some pics of my competitions and drill:

George & I - Drill Team 2010 (we rode to Mama Mia!)

Skyler Fame & I- Dressage Schooling

Thurston & I - Training this young BIG guy :)

Kirk & I- CT Show Spring 2009 (he's very stylish in zebra print)

George & I - Taking the blue ribbon at Fenridge Dressage

Kirk & I - CT Show Fall 2010

I'm finishing my bachelor's degree in Equine Management this year and getting my certification in Equine Massage. Horses are my life!
kpullen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #32 
MMK

I can't believe how many horse people are on here! Nice photos, I've always thought drill team looked interesting.
MMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #33 
Drift

Any "tool" you use on an animal can be used incorrectly and cause harm to them. This goes for any animal, not just horses. I could go on and on about that subject but I'll leave it be and not bore you guys. XD

MMK and Kpullen. You both look fantastic in all of your pictures. :D! Gorgeous horses!
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #34 
MMK

I agree drift. Anything, used on a horse can be used correctly or harshly in the wrong hands. For example, draw reins can be a good training aid in an experienced rider with very soft hands, however, many people crank the horses head in to get a fake "frame." In this case they are NO help what so ever and can actually ruin a horse. This irks me SO much, as headset in my opinion, is about proper impulsion from behind into a light hand...

It's all in the correct use of something!! Many people don't use aids/bits/tack/etc. correctly, but in the right hands they can be useful.

Last edited by MMK; 11-27-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:37 AM   #35 
Neelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMK View Post
I agree drift. Anything, used on a horse can be used correctly or harshly in the wrong hands. For example, draw reins can be a good training aid in an experienced rider with very soft hands, however, many people crank the horses head in to get a fake "frame." In this case they are NO help what so ever and can actually ruin a horse. This irks me SO much, as headset in my opinion, is about proper impulsion from behind into a light hand...

It's all in the correct use of something!! Many people don't use aids/bits/tack/etc. correctly, but in the right hands they can be useful.
very true wise words! i used to have VERY hard heavy hands when i was younger... i dont know why. i worked on it with my mum who is austrian eventing champion etc ect and i got rid of the habit thank god. my hands got softer. i have a shoulder problem so one hand is still a lil harder than the other but im aware of it and try to avoid it.
of course now with the western riding all that falls away really.... my mare, although not schooled, goes like a pro. both dressage and western but with western i dont use my hands
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #36 
jessiepbg

Yay, it's nice to see how many people on here love horses. This is my baby, Belle, I leased her for about a year and a half and finally bought her in July. She's mostly just a trail horse. I started out western, but don't really enjoy western pleasure or any of the big western disciplines, so I started jumping recreationally about 3 years ago. She loves jumps, which is a big part of the reason I started working with her. We usually stay around 2 1/2 feet high, since neither of us is that experienced. She's a 7-year-old Quarter/Thoroughbred cross. She's a lazy Quarter Horse in the summer and a crazy Thoroughbred in the fall. Here's a random assortment of pictures of her. There's also a jumble of videos of her and my friend's baby paint frolicking on my photobucket account.
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...omestic/Belle/

Shiny for the summer!

Fuzzywuzzy last fall, but stylin' in her fancy new saddle pad. I've gotten her a nicer bridle since then.

Proud of her new hair-do and feeling fancy in her nice halter. She loves being doted on.
jessiepbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #37 
MMK

Cute horse! It's great to "meet" all the horse people on here. I can't believe there are so many of them. :)