Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2010, 06:18 AM   #11 
Duncan13

My first spawning attempt already failed, I put the pair together for over a week, and still no spawn. This time, I'm using the same female with a slightly more aggressive (and older) male with her. They've been in the tank for almost 4 days now but still no spawn. I think that the problem is the female, she doesn't seem to have an interest in anything. Do you think that I should move them to a smaller tank? Betty Splendens recommends using shallow plastic tubs. If I still don't have a spawn by the end of this week I think thats what I'll use.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #12 
1fish2fish

How long did you condition the pair and with what foods? How often did you do water changes while conditioning them?

Generally a smaller tank is best. I've had good success with a 5 gallon tub.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #13 
bettabreeder123
Banned

duncan, my first attempt almost failed but when i found out she found a place to hide in the tank she came out the next day and spawned.u got any plants it it? ohya the male has to chase the female a little and don't put a super agressive because when i did that he bit a hole in the females stomach.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-23-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Profanity
bettabreeder123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #14 
bettabreeder123
Banned

Talking

My male betta fish thats the double tail that got beat up by the female is now chasin the female!!!!!!! (i am breeding so thats the process). after the male getting beat up i separated them and put a male to improvise like the DT so she doesn't lose all the eggs. now when she see him she run away but shes ready to spawn with a belly 1/3 of an inch thick!
bettabreeder123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #15 
TaylorW

STOP LETTING YOUR FISH GET BEAT UP!!! >:(

*takes a deep breath*
Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #16 
Bloodeath

Quote:
Sometimes there's another problem. With my fish, they never seem to pay much attention to eachother, and they just swim around like BFFs.

My male ct pippins gets clinically depressed when not with his 2 girlfriends.
O.o all 3 of them are housed in the same 10g tank, and my male hasnt even made a bubblenest, has only ever nipped either female once.
to be quite honest - i love it, it makes it a legit community tank. lol
Bloodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #17 
1fish2fish

Bettabreeder... are you understanding anything we've been saying to you in all these threads?

Please STOP breeding!! Do RESEARCH. Honestly, you don't understand Betta behavior, your getting your information off youtube, and you don't even have food to feed the fry. You are not prepared. Please separate your fish and leave them alone until you have done the proper amount of research.

You had what.. two or three failed spawns since you started posting here? That should be an indication that your not ready to breed.

Go to these sites. Read EVERYTHING. Then once you've learned the correct way to breed then start spawning.

www.bettysplendens.com
www.bettaterritory.nl
http://www.bettas-jimsonnier.com
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #18 
MrVampire181

I agree 100% with 1fish2fish. You said you're breeding in 1/2 gallon and 2 gallon. This is unacceptable. Try the sites 1fish2fish reccomended and www.bettatalk.com, and look up son303 on youtube. His vids show some awesome set ups and will point you in the right direction.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #19 
Betta Slave

I'm sorry to barge into a conversation here, but +5 to everyone who's told you not to let your bettas get beat up! It's not the correct way to breed. Sure, they get a few nips and chunks taken out of their fins, but if you keep this up your fish will have infections in no time.

Don't you care about your fish?

There are people responding to your thread who are basically professionals at breeding. They know what they're doing.

We're all trying to help!

Last edited by Betta Slave; 11-23-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

+1 what 1fish2fish and MrV said.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote