Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #21 
TaylorW

Thank you 1fish, Mr.V, and Betta Slave! I don't even breed bettas, and I know bettabreeder is doing a bad job! I am really concerned about the fish's welfare...

Bettabreeder, please stop making your fish fight and please learn how to take care of the babies! Letting them beat each other up is just cruel!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #22 
Duncan13

1fish2fish: I conditioned both fish for 4- 5 days with frozen bloodworms I call them. They're the red stringy things that come in little cubes. I change the water daily and keep them in 1.5 gallon tanks with the temperature about 26 degrees Celsius. There are plenty of plants (live and fake) and a little cave where the female can hide.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #23 
indjo
TFK Moderator

bettabreeder123:
There are a number of ways to make your female less aggressive than get her beaten up. ....There must be a reason why she is over aggressive in the first place. IME no female would go head on with a male under normal conditions. In short I must agree with everyone that you aren't ready to breed.

Duncan13:
Your temp is too low (25*C is minimum). Try raising it to 28*C. Besides even though your pair spawns, such low temp is believed to produce more females and deformed fry. The key to breeding is knowing when your pair is ready and willing to breed. So IMO you can't just throw a pair in and expect them to spawn. If they show breeding behavior out of the breeding tank, then you can consider them as your breeding pair. GOOD LUCK.....
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

If a pair is properly conditioned then there shouldn't be too much trouble getting them to spawn.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:47 AM   #25 
Duncan13

Thanks, I'm taking them out of the breeding tank today and reconditioning them with the raised temperature.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck with them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #27 
Duncan13

Thanks
Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #28 
zelilaa

Some people might be shouting at you or sounding a bit harsh, but it because we are concerned for the welfare of your bettas. We all care very much. We are just asking for you to please seperate the bettas and do more research before you attempt again. Wait a year or so. I hate to say, but you are rushing into things far too much. I don't plan to breed for another 2 years, but I am starting research and thread reading now. Get it?

---------------------------------------------With love and care, Elizabeth
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote