Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #11 
bettabreeder123
Banned

umm cories are fine with bettas. as long as the fish doesn't bite of nip he will be fine with them. i should put a post of what bettas a compatible with.
bettabreeder123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #12 
MrVampire181

First off King Bettas are known for being more peaceful (from other people and my own expierience). Second they're not giant at all. Not even close.

Another thing is Betta Raja IS HUGE! I've seen them in person and they are seriously huge!

I will buy one soon sicne I have a huge PK female that will work for breeding to one. IDK if anyone has done it but it help us see exactly what's in their genes.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #13 
ThePearlFish

I think it would be quite neat to own a true giant, but for that I'd have to invest in a minimum 20g tank i believe.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #14 
shinybetta

You would only need a minimum of ten. Though shouldn't the minimum be 5 gallons? Normal betta=2.5 gallons.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #15 
ThePearlFish

well since Giants are different than Kings aren't they bigger than them? i guess maybe I am confused and mixing up info. There are so many different opinions on giants and different kinds of plakats, that it is hard to keep track of it all :P.

on a side note: Good quality Giants it seems can go up in the couple of hundreds range in price it looks like!! o.O
Old 11-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #16 
shinybetta

We are talking about kings. Giants need a minimum ten gallon, but kings are usually smaller than full size giants.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #17 
ThePearlFish

ahh okay i get it :)
Old 11-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #18 
1fish2fish

This would be an interesting article if it weren't full of myths LOL

First off.. no tail type is more or less aggressive over another. With PK some fish are more closely related to "fighter" types so they will be more aggressive but if you get a PK from a well established line you may find that they are not aggressive at all. Conversely you can get HMs that are extremely aggressive, so on and so fourth.

Second. Betta raja is a mouthbrooding species so there is NO WAY that they would hybridize. Betta raja may be a little bigger than splendens (I've never seen one personally) but they are suggested to be housed in 10 gallon tanks (pairs) so I doubt they're very big.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #19 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
This would be an interesting article if it weren't full of myths LOL

First off.. no tail type is more or less aggressive over another. With PK some fish are more closely related to "fighter" types so they will be more aggressive but if you get a PK from a well established line you may find that they are not aggressive at all. Conversely you can get HMs that are extremely aggressive, so on and so fourth.

Second. Betta raja is a mouthbrooding species so there is NO WAY that they would hybridize. Betta raja may be a little bigger than splendens (I've never seen one personally) but they are suggested to be housed in 10 gallon tanks (pairs) so I doubt they're very big.
Raja is big compared to splendens but I never knew it was a mouthbrooder, which explains the size. CTs and PKs CAN be more agressive but I've had HMs be equally aggressive or even worse. Like you said 1fish2fish PKs from a good line aren't as agressive (my dragon genos from the_K didn't harm each other at all).

But I agree, people should actually attempt some basic research before saying that a certain strain is this or that...especially if what they think includes an impossible hybrid.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #20 
vaygirl

I think Kings need a minimum of 10 gallons but, honestly, that's my opinion based on my own King. He can CRUISE. And he likes to get up to a good speed. I don't think he'd have room to do that in anything less then his 10. He can go from one end of the tank to the other in a second. I guess if you had a lazy King, it wouldn't be an issue. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote