Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #1 
danifacetastic

What Did I Do Wrong?

So as some of you know Drake died on Friday night. (My ADF that I keep with my betta). He kept getting through the divider with the betta that nipped at him so when he died I assumed my betta either injured him or he was just stressed (I had had him less than a week). Well my other frog was doing fine and he jumped dividers once and got in the same section with the fish that attacked Drake but he seemed fine when I put him back. He was eating two blood worms a day and I had high hopes for him. When I came home today he was sitting on the new rock ornament I put in so I didn't mess with him. When I went to feed him though he didn't move...he was dead.

What do you think went wrong with my two frogs? My fish seem absolutly fine. The one in the middle (with the least surface current) is making bubble nests every day. I don't know if the other two do because the air pump and the filter break up the water too much but they both seem very happy so what happened to my frogs
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #2 
FuulieQ

They may have been ill already when you got them. A healthy ADF will eat much more than two bloodworms in a sit, my guys would eat dozens if I let them. How long have you had them?

It is always a gamble putting ADFs in with bettas. They aren't that smart and often the bettas eat all their food or bully them.

What is your setup like? Water temperature, feeding schedule, water parameters, et cetera. And where did you get your frogs from?
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #3 
danifacetastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
They may have been ill already when you got them. A healthy ADF will eat much more than two bloodworms in a sit, my guys would eat dozens if I let them. How long have you had them?

It is always a gamble putting ADFs in with bettas. They aren't that smart and often the bettas eat all their food or bully them.

What is your setup like? Water temperature, feeding schedule, water parameters, et cetera. And where did you get your frogs from?

I tried feeding them everyday and they wouldn't eat for about 4 to 5 days so I started small with bloodworms. I had no idea how much to feed them. I got them on November 13. One died this past Friday and one died today. I don't think the betta bullied the one that died today.

I have a ten gallon tank divided three ways with a betta in each section. I put an ADF on each of the ends. The one on the right kept getting in the middle and getting bullied. The fish on the right though paid him no attention. Just Sunday the other frog did the same thing but I don't think he got bullied.

Water temp is around 78, I fed them a blood worm twice a day, IDK the parameters and I got them from Petsmart.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote