I seem to be developing a lot of beard algae in my betta's 3 gallon tank. It's heated with proper filtration and it's planted, but the algae is growing a couple decorations and some of the substrate.
I'm curious as to how it's developing so well, as I only keep the light on about 7 hours out of the day. I have on occasion overfed my fish, which may have triggered this growth however.
I actually like the look of it very much, and wouldn't mind keeping it, but I'm under the impression that it is not good.
How can I best get rid of it? I hear siamese algae eaters are the best course of action, but I'm worried about what to do with them when the algae is gone. Can anyone offer up some help?