Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #1 
bettabreeder123
Banned

Exclamation Is she dying????

my betta fish male is always chasing the female and always making a bubble nest now. this male was the double tail and was the one that got beat up by the female. i think the this male is making a comeback but is going to kill the female. the female will lie on the bottom fins not moving and the flaring fins on side moving up and down with the rate of the heart beating in a normal pace. do you think she iwll die? i am breeding but she is full of eggs and the last time she was injusred her stomach was almost bit open.
bettabreeder123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #2 
beat2020

Umm if you say she's really getting beat up by the male, then why don't you pull her from the tank?

I don't think getting a spawn is worth having a severly injured female....
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

I am sorry and I don't mean to be critical.....but after reading some of your post it sounds like you need to do some more research on proper spawning...until then you need to remove this female from the spawning tank and start treatment ASAP...or she will die if it is not too late already......please be responsible and respectful of the animals under your care.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #4 
bettabreeder123
Banned

i mean that male chases female and the last time i spawned it turns out that the last amle was really agressive in spawning and was biteing her by the stomach and it was REALLY open and some eggs fell out but now she healed and she is showing sighs that mean she ready and she just get chased and stops swimmming.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #5 
bettabreeder123
Banned

i will be respectful ok??
Old 11-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #6 
bettabreeder123
Banned

not beat up but chasing. the other male from last spawn beat her up BAD. infortunatly i wasn't home and when i got home i removed her ASAP and put her in 2 liter with some meds.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

If she is hurt or not doing well GET HER OUT. I can't make it any more simpler. It's not worth it to loose the female just for a spawn, especially when so many things can go wrong.

I agree 100% with OFL.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
I am sorry and I don't mean to be critical.....but after reading some of your post it sounds like you need to do some more research on proper spawning...until then you need to remove this female from the spawning tank and start treatment ASAP...or she will die if it is not too late already......please be responsible and respectful of the animals under your care.......
I agree with what OFL said. Not knowing what you're doing can cause seious injury or even death to your fish. Plus, it's important to know how to properly take care of fry. Why bring babies into the world only to have them die?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #9 
bettabreeder123
Banned

Good news!!!!!!!! This morning i woke up and they bred!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #10 
bettabreeder123
Banned

i know what i was doing and she spawned. i just didn't know if it was too much.