Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #11 
danifacetastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Danifacetastic: I noticed you have two fish in a divided one gallon. That is a temporary set up, and they will be going into larger tanks, right?

Oh no no. I don't anymore. I started off with a divided one gallon. Then a few days later I moved the fish to separate one gallon tanks. Now I house three bettas in a divided ten gallon.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #12 
JKfish

:) Okay, I thought so, but wanted to make sure.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #13 
danifacetastic

Yeahhh. It's all good now haha.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #14 
purplemuffin

I got a giant thing of water conditioner, it's like a huge shampoo bottle hahaha, figure I don't want to have to buy more for a while. My fish was 50 because he was from aquabid--20 for him, plus about 30 for shipping.. :) I didn't mind paying the amount--he was the one I wanted, so I was willing to pay for him..Still not much compared to a dog bird or snake!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #15 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danifacetastic View Post
Not too bad. Thats probably what I would have paid if I just would have gotten one betta but when I started off I got two and had them in a divided one gallon and then moved them to their own one gallons with lights and an airpump and undergravel filters, added heaters later and then got the 10 gallon, divided it, and added a third betta haha.
LOL! Yes, you would spend a lot moremoney that way! I had been researching and planning for weeks. And I had been watching all the pet stores here waiting for THE betta.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #16 
LittleBettaFish

I've spent at least $1,000 on my five tanks. The live plants in one of them cost me $100, and I've got $50 substrate in one that is made by ADA. The tanks themselves range from $150 - $250 in price. Then there's my empty three foot tank that cost me $1,000 on top of that which I still have yet to divide so I'm estimating sinking another $500 or so in setting that up with a canister filter and live plants.

My imported Crowntail pair cost $100 so they better be the longest living fish ever, but the rest are just overpriced pet store mutts that I've collected along the way.

Luckily I work full-time and I don't drive or go out much so I have $20,000 saved up in a high interest account. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't have so many fish, and only females since they aren't as delicate with things like filters and driftwood.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #17 
danifacetastic

Wow. Some of you spend a lot on fish haha.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #18 
fleetfish

I just spent $40 on two hydor minis, and am planning on getting a new filter, new gravel, new decor, and new fishies for the old 15 gallon. So most likely I'll be looking at around $100 - $200 for everything. And the heater for the tank cost me around $30. But it's definitely worth every cent!
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #19 
MrVampire181

On fish alone I've spent $270 on 5 fish. A blue dragon geno pair. a super red HMPK pair, and a multi color DT male who gets shipped out Monday :)

Don't even get me started on tanks, gravel, heaters, filters, and food...of and jars for adults......well it's been spread out over a period of time so it's fine ;P
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #20 
puppyrjjkm

Wow I don't even want to think about this considering I'm a teenager with no job.

29 gallon tank kit: $168
Gravel: $20
20 gallon long: $35
Fish: $140
5 gallon kit: $30
Decor/Plants: $80
10 gallon: $30
More Gravel: $20

So around $550. Wow crazy. And over the span of three years with a meger allowance. Definetly starting to downsize though!

Last edited by puppyrjjkm; 11-23-2010 at 10:37 PM.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote