Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #1 
tzezuko

Pictures of my babies!

If you'd like to see my babies this is the link!
My babies!
tzezuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #2 
BunniesLair

Oh Man.. Prince is Gorgeous! And what a great tank too! makes mine seem rather flat and dull.. >.>
BunniesLair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #3 
tzezuko

For those of you who prefer not to click on links, I've posted my fav pictures here. There are lots more at the link but these will give you a general idea of my babies :)

King Solomon - I believe he is an orange dalmation. Either way, he's king of his tank and of my heart! He's very expressive too and tells me in no uncertain terms when he thinks its feeding time!

Solomon's Tank which he patrols regularly! See him coming out from over the top of the plant? Hehe he's so adorable!

Bishop the Blue- My handsome petshop rescue. He has a fierce personality but its taking him a while to recover. His tail has a neat silvery blue quality to it and his body is mostly black. The veining of his tail has salmon coloring in it too. His caudal and dorsal fins droop a bit though and I am not sure what i can do to perk him up a bit. Any suggestions?

Rourke the Rogue - My other VT rescue. He's now also a daddy! Rourke the Red became the Rogue when he finally tamed my long tailed DT female named Contessa - the fiercest girl in the tank (so aggressive we kept wondering if she was a male with an eggspot! Rourke is the only male she tolerates at all! ><)

Rourke with his 2 day old babies!

Artist Formerly Known as PRINCE- aka the Halfmoon prince (harry potter reference thanks to my brother in law><) I love the purple/blue/red streaks! He's has 2 red streaks on his beard which are so cool to see when he (very rarely) flares! He's a pretty docile like his sister but when he does flare its spectacular!

Lady Violet, his sister. She's very sweet and docile- she's the one that takes care of the babies and builds the bubble nest! She has red streaking like her brother! I've decided not to put her in the sorority tank. She's so laid back I fear she might get bullied too much!

Prince Ramses - the other Halfmoon. He's quite spunky compared to Artist FKA Prince who's really laid back and won't even flare at a mirror! Ramses flares at everything! Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of his flare that wasn't all blurry! Copper body, red and copper finnage and black tips on the edge! So perdy!

I tried to take pictures of my other girls but they moved so much in their sorority tank that it was nearly impossible to get more than blurs >< Sorry!

The King's Harem consists of:
Blue Bella (not a twilight reference!)- She's the new Queen B of the sorority and a counterpoint to Bishop with the same black body with blue gradient and finnage. She's dominant but not domineering. If Contessa starts picking on the other girls too much she takes her to task hehe.

Contessa - The old Queen B of the sorority. She's calmed down now that I have introduced Bella who's a bit bigger than her. She still dominants over the other girls but she gets out of Bella's way! Fortunately they've come to an understanding. Contessa has an extremely long tail for a female. We thought she was a male until we got a look at her eggspot.

Constance- My orange dalmation female! She's really quite docile and just follows Contessa's lead. Literally! She mimics whatever Contessa is doing usually! I'm not sure if I'll try to mate her with King Solomon again or not...He's quite aggressive and she's really laid back! He scared her last time and she stayed hidden for 3 days in the breeding tank so I took her out. Poor baby! Fortunately she didnt sustain anything more than a few nippings on her fins (but that was enough for me :( BAD SOLOMON!)

Chastity - I believe she's Contessa's little sister. They share the same markings across their bodies except Chastity is irid all over and Contessa isn't except on her tail. Chastity is very dainty and very sweet. She tries to avoid fighting and the other females actually don't pick at her at all which is nice! She has a very pretty form and reminds me of a pious princess lol.

Tayla - Blue/green irid female. She used to get picked on by Contessa but now that Bella is Queen, she shadows her and Contessa has left her alone. She also blows bubble nests when i put them in their changing bowls and sometimes she lines the tank with a thin ring of bubbles too.

Last edited by tzezuko; 11-23-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #4 
CrankyFish84

Beautiful babies! I love the purpley Ramses, don't see that very often!
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #5 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Beautiful! Hand over King Solomon right now, I wanna see him.. I promise I wont keep him! ;]
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #6 
tzezuko

BunniesLair- Prince is quite the handsome one indeed! I can't wait to see what he looks like as he matures! He's still pretty young but already a looker! He has some strange food habits too...He prefers to wait for the food to fall before eating it >< ! Silly guy!

CrankyFish84- I adore Ramses and I'm getting to know his personality better. He's my newest baby so we are still getting acquainted but OH MY GOODNESS he is adorable! He's starting to pose for me even so I'll have new pics soon - maybe even a few of his gorgeous form when he flares!!!

LikeDiscoSuperfly: hehe, I'd be happy to send Solomon for a visit but I fear he might not agree. He rather likes his tank and supervises everything I do with a scrutinizing gaze. As for keeping him >.> If you see him in person, you'll definitely want to add him to your family! He's simply astounding! So much personality and a really regal demeanor!!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #7 
CrankyFish84

They look very happy :) Aren't they fun to photograph?
King Solomon sounds like my orange dal....King of the tank, lol that's about right...
Old 11-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #8 
CrankyFish84

LoL and the Harem sounds cute too...I like how Bella causes Contessa to cool out when needed...A gentle queen ;)