Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #1 
purplemuffin

Guess who I met finally?

Dionysus!!!

I am back home in the wonderful land of Texas, and boy does it feel great. My kittens are cats, the koi are HUGE, guacamole the pacman frog is gigantic, and my room has a new friend! :) My fish!

Now, the real pictures will come later when I get the card reader, right now is just some iphone photos I got when I first got home:

Aww, fish.

He's ridiculously active. At first I thought 'wow, he's so tiny he just seems like he'll get lost in that tank!' Oh no, every inch of that tank is utilized as he patrols his territory. He doesn't like his marimo ball...lol! I see him flare/attack it occasionally! He also never hides, EVER. He has a nice cup hiding spot, some bunched up plants to hide in, all these little nooks he could hide behind..No, he just sits out in the open proudly, I think he believes he is a shark, nothing can mess with him! The only place he seems to hide(though he really moreso just likes BEING there) is around the heater(nice and warm and toasty)..he wraps himself around it and glares at you from behind it..It's really cute!

He definitely bit me when I was messing with his heater, that was sort of hilarious and felt bizarre. He's a violent little guy, NO tank mates for him ever!

He really likes the current in the filter, he plays in it a great deal, that side of the tank is his favorite to explore!

He's a little more red than he was in the aquabid photo, but not quite as red as the photos I seem to take(my phone and camera tend to take warm pictures).. He sort of reminds me of red velvet honestly, but with a bit more of a blue hue!

He gets very excited when people walk into the room, he'll stop whatever he's doing and dance back and forth in front of the tank, he's like a hyper 6 year old! Although he's definitely a bully, it's awesome.

This guy has a ton of personality, I love it, it's great to finally see it in person after only seeing videos and pictures online. Woo!

And as I type this he is threatening the thermometer. Oh Dion, you big scary bully!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:51 AM   #2 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Awwe I am glad you are so happy with him! He sounds so fun and cute! Glad he settled in perfectly.

Cant wait to see some really great shots... and maybe a video?
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #3 
JKfish

wow, everything sound great there. he sounds soooo cute (moooore pictures!). Are you going to bring him back to college with you after break?
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #4 
shinybetta

That's a cool fish! I like his butterfly patterning. Do you plan on breeding?
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #5 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybetta View Post
That's a cool fish! I like his butterfly patterning. Do you plan on breeding?
Well he's my first betta, I don't think I have the experience needed to do THAT, though he'd make really pretty babies! I almost feel bad, I sort of stole him away on aquabid from someone who probably would have bred him, whoops!

On my Texas reptile forum though, I've already gotten like 5 people ask if I would breed him with their girls, lol! But they want me to do the work lol! Plus I know nothing about finnage, so I wouldn't know what's a good girl for him or if he is even a good guy (i'm sure he has flaws, probably big ones I just don't see!) so I wouldn't want to go for that just yet.

Sooo I don't think he's going to be a daddy unless someone near me who I trust took him in for those few weeks! So pretty much he's just gonna stay a bachelor

I do plan on taking him with me to college, going to be driving this next semester I believe! I'll be preparing him for the move in advance, don't worry, I'll get the box, packing material, bags and all that and I'll be sure to not feed him for a couple days when the big day comes--so he can sit in the car with me safely!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #6 
Moldau

Aww, he sounds so cute! Looking forward to more pictures! And it sounds like his name ended up fitting him well.
Moldau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #7 
MrVampire181

Daww :P . Yeah here's a good article on shipping, even though he'll be with you use it as a guide:
http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=7573
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #8 
purplemuffin

Don't worry, I've been planning how to move him for months before I even bought him. Some of my first posts were asking the safest way to transport a betta if you remember! I know the basic rule for traveling--pack as if I were shipping, but instead he'll stay in the car with me. I researched packing up live plants as well so hopefully those will arrive safely at the dorm too!
Old 11-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #9 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Don't worry, I've been planning how to move him for months before I even bought him. Some of my first posts were asking the safest way to transport a betta if you remember! I know the basic rule for traveling--pack as if I were shipping, but instead he'll stay in the car with me. I researched packing up live plants as well so hopefully those will arrive safely at the dorm too!
Bettas are very good little travelers so you won't have to worry about much :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow, what a beautiful boy!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote