Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #1 
leeb62

artificial hatching my new spawn?

Okay guys I put my male and female together. He created 2 huge nest. When I came back from school I didn't notice that their was eggs in the nest because there wasn't many, so I thought they were just bubbles. I destoryed the nest and now realize I made a mistake and I moved the male to a different tank already. So now I'm going to try to articfical hatch the eggs is that possible when its already been 24 hour and the eggs tank didn't have a heater so it was probably at 68 degrees for 24 hours. Should I still atempt to artificial hatch the eggs or is it too late. I made such a bad mistake.
leeb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:54 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Don't give up yet...low temp can destroy the eggs, however, I did get a hatch with some of my eggs with the father in temps as low as 58F for 12 hours with a slow rise to 76F in another 6-8 hours...odds are that the eggs did die or fungus but it doesn't hurt to try....

I would get them in a shallow dish and float them in 80F water and see what happens...they could have went dormant...but in all honesty they may not be viable.....

Not all is lost.....
........you still have the pair...... conditioned for the next 3 days with good live food or frozen and keep them so that they can't see each other....and try again.......good luck.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #3 
leeb62

Sounds good. I guess I'll give my eggs two more days to hatch. Since last time my spawn it took them 2 full days for them to hatch in 78 degree water. I'm using a air pump connect a straw to the end and putting it in the plastic container and hopefully that is fanning the eggs similiar to the method on a betta website.
leeb62 is offline   Reply With Quote