Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #1 
scootshoot

Black Friday 2010 Deals???

Deals anyone know of? Checked Petco and Petsmart websites and nada.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #2 
aleXander

I hope Petco and Petsmart burn in hell!

You know they feed there bettas 1 pellet a week if that. A friend of mine worked there and he told me they sometimes didnt get fed for 2 weeks!
aleXander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #3 
JKfish

Geeze Alex, that's a bit strong. The care of the fish depends on management. There are some wonderful petcos and petsmarts out there that take great care of fish believe it or not. If you don't like how your store cares for fish, tell the manager and write a review. Communicate to get the point across. You want healthy well cared for fish, so ask/demand healthy well cared for fish.

Scootshoot: http://www.black-friday.net/bf/petsm...ck-friday.html, http://petsmart.shoplocal.com/petsma...ep&AdRef=ecirc (it can give you deals that the stores near you will have during the black friday sale)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #4 
aleXander

Petsmart put 1 of my local fish shops out of business which sucks. Thats part of the hate I have for them.

Im sure there are some really nice stores out there but its not fair when you have a local mom and pop fish store thats been here for 10 years forced to close there doors because of a mega giant billion dollar company that moves in next door.

There not getting my money. Ive got one local fish shop left and I pray they can survive.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #5 
aleXander

Support your Local Fish Shop!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #6 
JKfish

that's reasonable, I wish I had those sorts of well run stores where I am. Unfortunately I only have Petsmarts around here, and there's only one nice one (though it's nicely placed), so I shop there. While it's not the best, it outdoes the local Petlands and other small shops... *shudders* ugh, those places skeeve me out, and when I go there it's so hard not to yell at the employees about the dead fish and stuff.

edit: Grrrrrr -_- double posting is frowned upon... Lol, I'm halfway joking... You could have just edited your first post and added that below, but hey, no biggie :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #7 
MrVampire181

My PetCo does frequent water changes and feeding, but they got a bad shipment this week and many are sick but only one dead.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #8 
puppyrjjkm

Petsmart has the 10 gallon, hood, filter deal for $23.99 I believe with the Petperks card.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #9 
crowntail lover

Petsmart has many sales going on with live fish.. Im not sure about the tanks. But the have some deals like 4 fish for $5 bucks.. $1 fish.. And most of the other fish have reduced prices.. I just bought 4 Balloon Mollies for $1.49 each and 4 cories for 80 cents each
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #10 
LMac54

Just came from PetSmart. Prices on tank chemicals like AQ Salt, Stress Coat and Stress Zyme are on sale too. Not sure what else, since that's all I bought.

They are having a really good deal on the Aqueon 10gal with filter and hood for $20-something.

@alex I may be feeding a troll, but... I know you're angry about these stores, but your posts are completely unrelated to the thread. Why not start a new thread instead of invading someone else's who is just looking for help looking for deals?
LMac54 is offline   Reply With Quote