Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #1 
Panthera

Lyra + Shiny Stones= Picspam!

Well its been a few days since the lil' battle between Adamu and Polaris, and everyone is fine. Adamu's in the 2 gallon Critter Keeper, and his fin is healing nicely ;) I finally fixed the divider problem and have it firmly in place, with no possible way for either fisheh's to breach through and take a chunk out of each other. Or in this case, breed. I put Lyra on Adamu's side and she is LUVVIN the extra space.

This girl is really such a character. I had one of those suction thermometers on her side, and she would inch her self in between the tank and the thermometer and slide down until she was free repeatedly, time and time again. I was worried she might hurt herself so I moved it to Polaris' side. Anyway she also has taken up a deep love for the shiny stone-rocks that I put into her side. Lyra will spend hours gliding along looking at herself in the reflection, trying to burrow inside and make a new cave for herself. I think that'll keep her quite busy until I put her in the sorority I'm currently cycling. Anyway enough boring typing, here's Lyra my new girl! She is so Kawaii :3

(DIVEBOMB)

(Ugh I really need to cut back on the pellets - -")

(I can't fit can I? Well, this is my wake up call)

By far my FAVORITE Pic of Lyra. I should enter it in the contest :D

So what do you guys think? Does she look pretty healthy now? On Thursday I'll have had her for a week :D I'm sure she's much happier in the divided 10 gallon then those cups at the Pet store (I still hate those - -") And I'm just glad I could help her.

**I'll be helping 5-6 more females in about a month ;) I already have names picked out**
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #2 
CrankyFish84

omggg she's soooo cute :) How funny she trys to burrow in the stones. Yes she looks healthy & happy!
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #3 
celine18

soo cute!! haha my guy loves his thermometer like that too!! i think bettas have a natural love for thermometers lol
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #4 
CodeRed

Be careful with her burying... Some members have lost fish because they bury in and get stuck. Usually it's advised to have some smaller gravel to fill in the pockets so she can burrow and get stuck. Otherwise, they're VERY cute pictures!
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #5 
Jupiter

She's sooo cute! Female bettas are so spunky, gotta love 'em. But yeah, do take CR's advise. i actually used to have a female who did that with the vase I was keeping her in. I came home one day to find her wedged a few inches deep into the large rocks she had in her tank, silly girl.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #6 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Awwe, she is such a doll! She must like the camera. ;]
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote