Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

Gah!! Hspt!!!

I'm getting kinda nervous...I take the High School Placement Test tomorrow.....*gulp*.

It seems easy, and everyone is telling me it is but I can't help but be nervous. I have a book that tells you whats on it and helps you study and stuff and it's helped a lot. It also seems that the test is similar to ITBS and CSAP....I hope so because I've been doing great on ITBS since I was little.

Just getting kinda nervous..........
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #2 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

You will do fine Vamp, try not to worry about it too much. Easier said than done, but just try to relax. =]
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #3 
Feral

Typical overachiever fretting for nothing I'll wager you do GREAT!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #4 
JKfish

Believe me Mr. vamp, you'll be fine. The purpose is to get you in to high school, believe me, middle school doesn't want you or any other child any longer than it has to keep you. XD The purpose of these tests is to prove that you have intellect greater than a kindergardener, just like the purpose of the high school graduation test it to make sure you can read, write, and do basic math. Do your best, and you'll get into smart classes, and then you'll go to high school.... and then you get more work. :)

Good luck
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Calm down, relax and look at your fish tanks. lol You'll do fine! I'm sure it will be nerve wracking but you'll pass with flying colors!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #6 
Learn To Fly

Yeah don't worry...I just had to take a test sort of like that...

I tried out for a magnet program, for creative writing, and I was really nervous about it because I didn't think anyone I knew would be there too and also I was afraid I'd do terribly and not be able to write. It doesn't really matter much, because I probably won't go there anyway, but I'd feel stupid if I didn't get offered a spot anyway. But when I got there someone from my school was trying out with me, and someone from church, and someone who used to go to school with me a long time ago who I hardly recognized. It calmed me down a lot. And then I think I did well...I wrote a great poem, and even though my story sucked, well, it's pretty hard to write a story about naming crayons lol ;)

So, after a longish, sort of pointless story, the point is look for people you know because it helps a lot. And if it's a lot like tests you're used to taking, pretend it is that test. That sounds pretty...cheesy?? What's the word? Generic? Lol whatever. Anyway, if all else fails, huge deep breaths cure me...and believe me, when you're at a horse show and your horse can feel if you're the slightest bit nervous about that jump, you can't be nervous at all. It sort of just pushes the nervousness away :)
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #7 
MrVampire181

Well I kinda freaked out over nothing...I was off by the test date by a week...it's next Saturday...PHEW!! I have another week to study!!! Which means I also have another week to kiss up to my teachers for my reccomendation forms (well into Regis, Machebeuf dosen't require certain teachers).

But thanks guys! I hope I do great, I think I'll do fine on everything but math...remember the last incedent with my teacher.....but the book I have really helps and has even improved my math grade already!!
Old 11-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

If math is your hardest subject then focus more on studying that. You'll do great!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #9 
MrVampire181

Yeah that's what I've been doing. Most of the test is like Pick out the misspelled word and reading something and picking out what it means.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #10 
bloo97

That seems easy. I'm sure you'll do awesome! We'll be cheering you on in the sidelines. :)
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote