Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #1 
eclover09

Semi Success with Cories?

So I quarantined my cories for a week (three peppered for Valentine, three Albino for Laborday), and put them into the 20 gallon today. Valentine pecked at one of them once and chased it around, then cornered two of them and eyed them a bit before going on his way and he really doesn't seem to give a crap about them now other then sometimes stopping to watch them eat, probably because he realized there ten times faster them him and his old butt will never catch them lol.

Now Laborday seems to be a little more aggressive. He spent the first couple of minutes chasing them around relentlessly and pecking at them, then he stopped obsessing and just went on his way, stalking them from time to time. I've been watching and sometimes they'll swim past him and he doesn't care, then other moments I've seen him eyeing one and he'll lurch over and nip it and chase it a bit, but then kind of loose interest. He hasn't killed them all day, so I guess that's why I say semi success. But I'm wondering if I should give him more time and see if he gets used to them, or I really just need to remove the cories and save them for my ten gallon in a month?
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #2 
shinybetta

Watch him for a couple days. He should calm down. It's just like putting something new in with a cat. They get curios/ wonder if they taste good.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #3 
eclover09

Okie dokie, I'll just keep watching him, I was just worried with him picking on them but I'll see if he calms down in a few days.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #4 
JKfish

the cories have hiding spots, right? If there are places for them to hide from your bettas, things will probably calm down some :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #5 
eclover09

Oh yes, the bottom is heavily planted so they have lots of places to hide. And it seems things have calmed down since yesterday, he still chases them but he doesn't peck at them anymore. Hell get them in a corner or something then simply leave them alone lol.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #6 
crowntail lover

It seems like you are doing everything correct.. Just keep watching him.. Also. What are you feeding the cories?
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #7 
eclover09

Ive been feeding them a Aqueon bottom feeder tablet every other day, one for each side. I feed them yesterday for the first time in the tank when I turned off the lights so they could eat in peace, but this morning Laborday is really bloated >< So I don't know if he ate it or not or just ate another snail again. So tommorw I'm going to pop them in, but keep a little light on and watch to see if he eats the tablet or not.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #8 
crowntail lover

I feed mine algae wafers..and they eat the left over flake food that my Mollies eat as well as bloodworms
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote