Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2010, 02:39 AM   #11 
demonicangel132007

I'll have to keep that in mind, dramaqueen. You know how crazy & unpredictable Kentucky weather is.
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol, yeah, it's been crazy this year.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

I use the 5 gallon from Walmart as a spawning tank...I LOVE them. The heaters are very good too.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:31 AM   #14 
demonicangel132007

My Wal-Mart didn't have the 5-gallon, but I'm deeply considering the Site to Store Shipping thing...once I have the money. :\

BTW, (and apology in advance if this is a little OT) I'm going to share some of the stuff I've learned on here with my cousin who works at Wal-Mart, she's been trying to breed Betta fish (which I plan to do one of these days) and hasn't had any luck. But now I'm convinced it's because of the tank she was using. Anyone care to guess what it was? (If you give up go here) I knew from the first time I saw it that it was a big no-no. She also said that her male nipped her female and now she's terrified of him but they are still in that same little space, which I'm thinking that might be another reason. Am I right? I don't want to tell her this and come off as a smart a**.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #15 
TaylorW

You are definitely right, that is not good as a home or breeding set up! Only good as a temporary container.... :/

You could smoothly point her in the direction of this website for advice if you don't want to offend...
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:53 AM   #16 
demonicangel132007

I only talk to her when she's working (we're not that close :\) and I know she hasn't been on shift for the past few days because when I went in the other night the tanks were disgusting.

It was near the "Warm Water Fish" section and there was this gray stuff floating around the bottom of the tank (it looked like a drowned dust bunny), one of the fish was pecking at it so I don't know and there was algae along the fronts and sides of 4 of the 12 set ups and not a single worker was around.

But that gray stuff that I mentioned...since it was only in the warm water tanks would I have to worry about that? Or does anyone know what it is?
Old 11-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #17 
demonicangel132007

(Sorry for the double-post, just couldn't figure out how to go back into my last and add this)

I was sitting here a few hours ago, thinking of what I should do then I remembered my late-grandfather gave us a tank that had belonged to my uncle (I think, could've been my mom but whatever), complete with original box, instructions, filter, etc. Then I looked, no where on the box or instructions does it say how many gallons it is. So now I'm annoyed since most of my family is lactose intolerant we don't drink milk but then I found a gallon pitcher so we're all good now.

It's a 2.5 gallon Neon Aquarium (Looks Just Like Real Neon <-hehe, quoting the box there) and is currently sitting in the sink being tested to make sure there are no leaks in it. But I'm afraid that it will be a while still before I can get my Betta (even if I do get the money to buy one) as it looks like this 2.5 gallon aquarium will be a temporary (I hope) home for my red eared slider turtle who I decided to do research on and am shocked that he is even alive (I was away at college for 2 years and couldn't take him with me and there were times where my family forgot to feed him, just an idea of what he has been through).

Sorry, if this is random I haven't been to sleep yet and have been lurking on the forums here for about, oh, IDK, 15 hours give or take. Just thought I'd share this awesome (dare I say, retro) find. Once I get my head together I'll photograph it, post it, etc.

To fix my money situation I am going to go here in a few hours and beg, I mean, um, ASK for my old job back. Then I'm going to bed.