Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #1 
Katie Loo

Wink Couple of complaints (joke)

Hi there

I'm afraid I've got a couple of complaints about you lot and my 13 year old daughter has one great big one!

During my 41 years I've had dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, mice, gerbils, rats, hamsters, budgies all loved almost all living to ripe old ages.

Just recently we've lost several pets to old age. All my family have been hit pretty hard but daughter has lost a much loved guinea pig and a hamster. Both lived in her bedroom and she's taken it really hard.

So after lots of discussion and research me and hubby agree to a 10 gallon tank and a Betta. OK honesty time we agree to a betta because while we will make sure it gets the best possible care when it passes away (after a long and happy life) she's not going to be that upset.............That'll be complaint number one we've had Merlin a week and we all adore him, the little fella is just so funny, cute and friendly!

Complaint number two as I've said we've had Merlin a week our Son now wants one for his room. I want one for my bedside table and I've just figured out where I can fit a tank in our very small living room.

Daughter's complaint is until we can afford more tanks and Bettas the whole family (including the dog and cat) is spending hours sat on her bed in her bedroom watching her fish! Apparently 13 year old kids don't like their family to camp in their rooms.

So while this is a fantastic site with tons of great information I would like to suggest you add some warnings

1. Betta are adorable
2. Betta are addictive
3. Betta can seriously ruin your privacy if you are a teenager

Thanks and keep up the good work
(Merlin says thanks for all the good advice)
Katie Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #2 
FuulieQ

Haha! Well, we DO try to warn people about the cuteness and the addictiveness... but sometimes people slip through without seeing. ;) Sorry about that!!
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #3 
dipsydoodlenoodle

My parents who are dead set against fish love my bettas
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #4 
indjo
TFK Moderator

That really made me laugh. Yes bettas are very addictive and it's contagious so beware!
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #5 
1fish2fish

LOL.. I went home for the summer and my mom actually STOLE a whole tank and 3 fish. She just told me she was keeping them (and no.. she didn't pay for any part of them).

Now she calls and talks to me about her fish (two have since passed on). Its very cute.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #6 
DragonFish

LOL, there is just no way to escape the addiction....they're just so adorable and personable, you can't have just one!! xD

My mom, whose not a big fish fan, insisted on picking out her own betta from my spawn and naming him.....Zeus now lives in a nice 10 gallon in the guest room, and she likes to go in and just sit and watch him xD If my brother and I are in the room, she'll "talk" for him too....its pretty hilarious. xDDDD
My dad likes my fish a bit more, but he doesn't quite get the addiction part...my mom likes Zeus, but I have to take care of him xD LOL, she prefers soft fuzzy things that she can hold and cuddle....she thinks Zeus is pretty, but she doesn't quite understand the addicting factor of the charm of a betta...
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #7 
binumee

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Loo View Post
Hi there

I'm afraid I've got a couple of complaints about you lot and my 13 year old daughter has one great big one!

During my 41 years I've had dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, mice, gerbils, rats, hamsters, budgies all loved almost all living to ripe old ages.

Just recently we've lost several pets to old age. All my family have been hit pretty hard but daughter has lost a much loved guinea pig and a hamster. Both lived in her bedroom and she's taken it really hard.

So after lots of discussion and research me and hubby agree to a 10 gallon tank and a Betta. OK honesty time we agree to a betta because while we will make sure it gets the best possible care when it passes away (after a long and happy life) she's not going to be that upset.............That'll be complaint number one we've had Merlin a week and we all adore him, the little fella is just so funny, cute and friendly!

Complaint number two as I've said we've had Merlin a week our Son now wants one for his room. I want one for my bedside table and I've just figured out where I can fit a tank in our very small living room.

Daughter's complaint is until we can afford more tanks and Bettas the whole family (including the dog and cat) is spending hours sat on her bed in her bedroom watching her fish! Apparently 13 year old kids don't like their family to camp in their rooms.

So while this is a fantastic site with tons of great information I would like to suggest you add some warnings

1. Betta are adorable
2. Betta are addictive
3. Betta can seriously ruin your privacy if you are a teenager

Thanks and keep up the good work
(Merlin says thanks for all the good advice)
Hi,
It's nice to hear from this messages - so u feel happy now to have betta fish - u know as per medical terms - the movement of fish makes an human being tension free and feel happy - forget the past love the present pets u have everything will be alright - try to have lot of fish at home it's my personal request.
binumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #8 
nochoramet

I personally think that, besides bunbuns, bettas with big googly eyes and the perfect pouty face are the squee-est thing in the UNIVERSE!!!!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the addiction... uh, I mean the forum! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #10 
ForbiddenSecrets

Ha ha ha oh I know the pain. I got one fish and magically it turned into three without me noticing. My girlfriend now has four as well T.T They are just lovely fish that you just /want/ to dote on.

Welcome <3
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote