Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #1 
CrankyFish84

Oh geez..."glofish" is the new betta....FAIL for FosterSmith

I'm very suprised Foster Smith's livestock store has this wrong information for the "GloFish" danios.

It says Min. tank size = 1 Gallon ?? I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.
Danios need way more space to dart about & will nip each other in such small groups. Just because they are a different color than zebra's doesn't mean they require less care. So here we see another fish used as a pretty little "decoration" for greedy freaks.

Aquarium Kits: Live GloFish & GlowKit Tank Desktop Aquarium System
Here is the "GloFish Kit"...1.5 gallons for 6 of them...The fish and the tank come together
all at once, so they then suffer through the cycling along with hardly any room.
$80 for it! Get the heck outta here FS.
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #2 
Malvolti

It makes me wonder, if there are laws governing the ethical treatment of dogs, cats and most other animals kept as pets why isn't there anything for these fish?

Maybe people shouldn't yell at the pet stores, yell instead at the politicians and law makers.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #3 
dukie1346

I've seen things like that!
At my walmart, they sell little 1.5 gallon kits like that for glofish, pretty sad....
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #4 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie1346 View Post
I've seen things like that!
At my walmart, they sell little 1.5 gallon kits like that for glofish, pretty sad....
I have seen them at my walmart too. It's really sad.

I had some glofish once, they were in ym community tank, we had about 5-7 cant quite remember and they were in a 30 gallon tank and zipped all over it. I cant imagine them in a nasty little 1 gallon tank. =[
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #5 
purplemuffin

Goldfish went through it too! I mean heck, people still call them 'goldfish bowls'..even though there is no bowl in the world big enough for a goldfish! Not fun!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #6 
dukie1346

Yeah, they make it seem like fish are cheap, and easy pets to just stick in a bowl...If it dies, the petstore will just tell you to buy another one. and another....and another...
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #7 
bettablue

I have glo fish mixed w/ danios in a 36 gal and they are really amazing, they look like highlighters but they grow pretty big theres no way they could be kept in a 1 gal!
bettablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #8 
Jupiter

That's the Tetra tank they sell at Walmart...for less than half that price.

If they had advertised that for bettas, that wouldn't be too bad of a tank. Of course, bettas are shown in cute little decor tanks they can barely move around in instead...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #9 
CrankyFish84

Yeah I know it's exactly the same as one at Petco for $25!

My GloFish grew pretty big for danios once I moved them to a 16G, then placed them with friends.
When I was inbetween getting them more friends to school with, the biggest red one tormented the smaller yellow constantly...He hid all the time...They need space or get very nippy.
And GloFish are said to be infertile...Well, mine bred at least once...I saw a fry who managed to escape! lol
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote