Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #1 
naturegirl243

petco question?

I love my petco but like most petstores fish get sick they keep water clean but this just happens.Anyways there is a male I really like but he has a hard time swimming you can tell when the cup is sitting that he is sick if you pick it up he gets pretty scared so he looks ok but he is not,he is also pretty pale.If he was the price of a VT I would probably have him right now.but he is a double tale plakat so he is like one of the more expensive ones.The people at my store are pretty nice and I go in there daily but if I asked about getting a discount cause he is ill would they be aloud to do that? I can't see spending that much on a fish and having him die and even if he does I don't want to trade for another expensive one I don't just want any fish like most would pick out a replacment I don't need a replacement it's him or nothing.I really like this guy he is black and white I belive but he is so pale it's hard to tell.I don't want them to get irratated with me telling them when fish are sick and demanding a discount but I buy alot of fish and supplies there and food for my cat and sometimes dog(Ikind of get dog food anywhere) so it's not like I am a random person I spend alot of time and $. Any ideas or opinions? I know if he does die I can get money instead of another fish.I have a now empty mini bow 2.5 thats screaming for him
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #2 
baylee767

I think it just depends on your petco. Since you say the workers are nice, maybe they have a nice manager and would be willing to discount. If it were one of those petcos where the employees think they're always right and their fish are the best in the world even if they were half dead then you'd probably have no luck.

Let's just hope your lucky with willing employees!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:34 AM   #3 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

It's always worth asking.

If you want him that bad, I say just get him.. or you will always think about it.
And if he unfortunatly dies within the return policy, you dont have to trade him in, you can get your money back. Which is probably what the employees will tell you if you ask to get him cheaper.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would ask then if they'll give you a discount since he's sick. I don't think they would have a problem with that as long as it's done nicely. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

My closest PetCo has a terrible manager and kinda crappy staff..only two good employees. The PetCo near my orthodontist (in a huge shopping center in the middle of nowhere.............) has awesome, knowlegeable staff, they change the betta water every day and I've gone in and pretended to be a noob and asked questions...was kinda suprised at semi decent care advice.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #6 
naturegirl243

I went in the other day to get dog food and of course I looked to see if he was alive he was and he was worse to the point where he looked pretty bad.They would be able to tell he is ill but I didn't ask cause I didn't have time to bring a new guy home that day.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #7 
BettaBuddi1221

You should get him as a rescue. You are capable of doing it and you have A tank and you really like him you should totally go for it.
BettaBuddi1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #8 
TaylorW

Aww, I'd be afraid I would regret it if I didn't get him, it seems like you are so attached already... I say just go for it! :)

There's nothing wrong with asking for a discount, but I would still take him home even if the store refused and made me pay full price.
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote