Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #1 
animallover4lyfe

Exclamation Heater - Elite?

Hi, has anyone else have had problems with this crappy heater "elite" by hagen???? Just curious, I have had nothing but problems with them over heating my tank or not heating enough, I woke up to my heater heating my tank to 90+! I was so lucky it didnt kill my fish, he is my favourite one!!!
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #2 
Jupiter

I had an elite heater. It was alright. It wasn't submersible, which was kind of annoying, and at its highest setting it only kept my water at around 75-77. it was consistent though.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #3 
Rain Drop

I have three and one of them will only heat to 74F. If I set it any higher it'll overheat to 85+ F. Super annoying but better than a chilly betta. I just have to be careful. If your overheats all the time, I think the elite heaters come with a warranty. If you still have your receipt, I'd take advantage of that.
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #4 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
I had an elite heater. It was alright. It wasn't submersible, which was kind of annoying, and at its highest setting it only kept my water at around 75-77. it was consistent though.
Yeah I have two others and they work ok. But this one is a pain in the butt lol. And all of mine are fully in the water
Old 12-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #5 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Drop View Post
I have three and one of them will only heat to 74F. If I set it any higher it'll overheat to 85+ F. Super annoying but better than a chilly betta. I just have to be careful. If your overheats all the time, I think the elite heaters come with a warranty. If you still have your receipt, I'd take advantage of that.
Yeah thats pretty much my situation! Well I'm lucky because I work at a pet store so I can just talk to the rep of the company and he will refund me or give me another one :) it's just super annoying the way the heater works, it either boils my fish or keeps the water too cold.