Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #11 
beat2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabreeder123 View Post
okay i mean i don't know if hes one of the rare no nest kind. and betta fish15, i am 11. i make silly choises sometime and dont listen. thats what i do.
Well sometimes when you "don't listen and make silly choices" your fish could get hurt....We are just trying to help you.
If I were you I would do more research on breeding bettas.
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #12 
bettafish15

...If you are 11, why are you trying to breed? IMO, thats pretty young, and I think maybe you should wait until your older, and more mature, to breed betta fish. It's not just tossing a female in with a male and only mildly conditioning them. I just dont think you have the level of maturity yet needed for this. Especially if you can't take peoples suggestions, when they're just trying to help you, AND your fish.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

Quote:
okay i mean i don't know if hes one of the rare no nest kind. and betta fish15, i am 11. i make silly choises sometime and dont listen. thats what i do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
...If you are 11, why are you trying to breed? IMO, thats pretty young, and I think maybe you should wait until your older, and more mature, to breed betta fish. It's not just tossing a female in with a male and only mildly conditioning them. I just dont think you have the level of maturity yet needed for this. Especially if you can't take peoples suggestions, when they're just trying to help you, AND your fish.
I started when I was 11. Though I mostly bred mutt bettas until more recently but I had the correct set up, foods and I listened...it depends on the maturity a person has.

But bettabreeder123 you ask questions and then you ignore them. Your fish can get hurt. You told me your parents said you have too many bettas so why are you breeding?
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Bettafish15. We don't mean to offend you by saying your too young so please don't be upset with us for saying that. We're not saying you should never breed your bettas but wait until you get more experience with betta keeping in general.Breeding and raising fry is a big responsibility. If you miss cleaning or feeding your fry because you were out with friends or had a lot of homework or whatever then it could result in death for your fry. A regular cleanimg/waterchange and feeding schedule is very important.I would just hold off breeding for a few years and just enjoy your bettas. You've got a lifetime for breeding your bettas. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #15 
bettablue

I agree with everyone else, wait a little bit before starting the huge responsibility of breeding bettas. Just start enjoying the bettas you have and watching them grow with your TLC... Sorry if I sounded rude before :)
bettablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #16 
Tsuhei

Quote:
actually i did all that i introduced and did all the step and actually ur wrong cause some betta can breed without a nest and thats a fact.
Well you don't have to be rude about it. I understand that it is possible to breed without a nest and the eggs will probably stick along the surface next to the aquarium's glass. I've had bad luck breeding fish this way - I lost an entire brood as compared to a male fish that would actually build a nest. Plus, if the eggs somehow become scattered (like mine did), then the male can't pay attention to them all. Part of the brood I lost was because they fell to the bottom and the male didn't notice.

I actually was trying to suggest ways to entice the male to build a nest, such as Indian Almond Leaves (look 'em up. They're beneficial.)

Again, I must stress, do more and more research =) You're never too young to start something you're passionate about, but there's a difference between being passionate and exploring that passion with the correct knowledge.
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #17 
bettabreeder123
Banned

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjh too much yelling. I know but I really don't have too many. They think I do though
bettabreeder123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #18 
Duncan13

It doesn't really matter what age you are as long as you are well educated on bettas and prepared to take on the responsibility of properly breeding them .
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote