Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? New Life Spectrum
How often do you feed your betta fish? four pellets in the morning

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? Every other day, sometimes every two days if I get busy with work -.-
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100 %
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? API water conditioner

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? He has this little, like, bubble, cotton looking things at the ends of his rays.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? He acts the same.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Yesterday
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No
Does your fish have any history of being ill? I took him from my friends boyfriend pretty sick.
How old is your fish (approximately)? A year or younger maybe?

So, I got Patrick from my friends boyfriend...he came to me stress striped, lethargic(an understatement), skinny, ammonia burns, buoyancy issues, a inflamed gill and limp rays/fins. I did epsom treatment for ten days with 100% water changes every other day, and he has really turned around. He still look likes he went through hell, but his activity level is active and he's gotten really feisty. Yesterday his epsom treatment ended, so I changed his water and added no more salt. But when he was in his little cup, a noticed these weird little white? ball kinda things at the ends of his rays, and when he would move really hard one or two fell off. I put him in his bowl and didn't add anything because I wasn't sure, and didn't want to overload him with anymore salt. I have no idea what they are, but I certainly don't remeber seeing those little things the last water change I did for him, which was about two days before that. I tried taking a picture, but there so small you can't even see them in the photo.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Are you sure it is not Ich?

Since you just did a 10 day ES treatment I would go ahead and do a 5 day Aquarium salt 1tsp/gal treatment along with the daily water changes just like with the ES treatment...you may even want to do an increase on the salt to 1.5tsp/gal you can go up to 3tsp/gal safely if done slowly

You could also do a dip-however, they can be deadly and really hard on the fish and if he is otherwise better except for the white dots...I would wait on the dip/bath
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #3 
eclover09

I don't see the white dots on his body, but he will not sit still if I go near the tank, so I can't really tell, I just see them on his rays when he wiggles back and fourth at me.

I'll go ahead and do the aquarium salt for five days and see if he looks any better. Poor guy just can't seem to get a break.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote