Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 AM   #11 
purplemuffin

I'm an illustration major, possibly minoring in game design/business of game design!

On the side I study reptiles and amphibians..
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:44 AM   #12 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I am HOPEFULLY starting school this winter, and will be in the nursing program.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #13 
TheSecondOne

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
Got a Bachelor's Degree for Culinary Arts at age 19..was a Sous Chef and worked for a Chef with a James Beard Award...but got tired of working for the industry and being taken advantage of (men of the kitchen took credit for my specials and work for far too long). So after 6-7 years of working in the kitchen, I'm going for a degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Victimology
Pretty impressive, Tsuhei. As for me, I already graduated with an engineering degree. I actually started betta fishkeeping after university. I wish I had got into it during my years in the dorms because I would've been so popular with the girls.
TheSecondOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
Psychology! :) Not sure what I want to minor in or what job I want in the future :/ I just like the subject!

I do love my 3 hour lecture class, so I'm guessing that I need to do something that has to do with Psychology though! :)
Psychology was my major. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #15 
TaylorW

Really Dramaqueen? Did you minor in anything or did you get a job having to do with the subject?

I have been thinking about a media minor so that I could go into advertising...but I'm not sure if I would like that or not. But I think it would be cool to be a councilor or something, but I'm not sure if I could find a job there :/

Tsuhei, that's amazing!! :D
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, I didn't minor in anything. I had a job for a short time as a weekend house manager at a shelter for abused women but they promised to train me, were going to give me a pager and it was supposed to only be on weekends. They never trained me, I never got a pager and they wanted me to come into the office every day during the week to run errands for them. That would have been fine but I can't drive because of my vision and they wanted me to walk all over town running those errands. So I quit. One weekend there was a woman in the shelter with 3 kids. She stayed in her room with her baby, the little girl was trying to find something in the kitchen to fix for dinner and the little boy kept trying to get outside. I had to try and keep him inside for safety reasons. Finally he looked at me and said "is it because of my daddy?" I said yes. It was heart breaking to tell a child that but I didn't know what else to say. Like I said, I had no training.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 12-01-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #17 
VioletTrauma

My focus is Archeology =P
Even more focusing i want to work with Lower Pecos style rock art the the Native Americans left behind. Hopefully ill be able to be employed by yhe Shumla School
VioletTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

We sure do have a lot of intelligent people on this forum! lol
Old 12-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #19 
nomoretickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
We sure do have a lot of intelligent people on this forum! lol
Yea there are
nomoretickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #20 
danifacetastic

I'm still in high school. If you do College Prep (the requirements to get into a university) you don't have to take a pathway (4 classes in a related area with at least one 2nd level course). I decided to do College Tech Prep since I'm going to community college and then transferring (No foreign language, no 4th math and no SAT :) ) and my original pathway was Culinary Arts. After taking Computer Applications (counts towards all pathways), Foods & Nutrition and Culinary Arts 1 I realized I'd do anything to get out of taking Culinary Arts 2 so now I'm in a business pathway. (I've already taken Computer Applications and Entrepreneurship and next semester I'm taking Computer Applications 2 and E-Commerce).
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote