Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 AM   #1 
baylee767

Arrow Velvets Story: a Tale of Suffering in Parts

I wrote Neons story so now I'm going to write Velvets (my new Betta) story. Unlike my other story, this one is almost all true.

Part 1: Leaving for a new home

I swam in an impatient circle in my cup. I want to move! I was full of energy. The Betta next to me said, "Can you try not to bump against the side of your cup, Royal?" I mumbled, "Sure thing, Night." Night's just grumpy because he's an old Betta who was returned back from his old home!

Two young feeders were looking at all the Bettas. "Choose me! I want room to swim already... and it's a bit cold in here!" I shouted, swimming in a quick circle and getting a gulp of air. The older of the two feeders picked up Nights cup really gently and murmured soothingly. I want that one! I thought. The younger one picked up my cup more roughly. It said something a bit loudly.

Suddenly me and Night both had our cups moved to another shelf. We were than dumped into plastic bags, similar to the ones I had once come to the Petstore in. "Help!" I called, attacking the bag. Night was frantically swimming into the corner of his bag. There turned out to be 3 feeders, 1 full grown one and two smaller ones. The smallest picked up my bag and happily carried it away and into sometype of dark feeder home. I'm going to have room at last!
__________________________________________________ ___________
How was that?

Last edited by baylee767; 12-01-2010 at 03:03 AM.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #2 
baylee767

Part 2: My oh so large home

Eventually me and Night had our bags brought into a giant feeder home and set on a big table. After awhile, I was scooped out of my bag. "New home, here I come! But first, AAAAAHHHHH!!!" I yelled when I hit the air. I was dumped inside of a bowl. "Room!" I shouted, my seeing still a bit blurry from my transaction. I swam forward to finally get some of my energy back, but then I bonked into the clear wall.

When my eyes finally recovered, I saw I wasn't in a huge tank, but a little bowl. A bowl was put down next to mine, and inside it was a very dissapointed looking Night. "This is no better than the cup." He muttered. I looked at him, confused. This may be a bit small but it was way better than a cup! "How large was your old home?" I asked. Night looked sad as he replied "10 gallons. I had a few Cory neighbors, and life was great." What does that mean? What's a gallon? And what the heck is a Cory?

My bowl was picked up by the younger feeder. "Bye night!" I called, but he never answered. "See you again tomarrow when they do a water change!" I didn't realize just how ignorant I was.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #3 
akjadestar

I like it a lot so far (:
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #4 
demonicangel132007

Agreed. So far, so good. :D
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:24 AM   #5 
baylee767

Thanks! Here's more:

Part 3: Settling in

The feeder put my bowl on a white desk. The wall behind me was yellow and a very loud box was next to me. "Shut it, box!" I yelled, flaring at it. The thing didn't even flinch. "Stupid box."

I investigated my new home. There was a spiky plant in the center that kept on pricking my fins, and I wanted to get rid of the thing! The bottom had some brown gravel, but I could only just fit there because it was a very small surface area. The sides of the bowl were curved and I couldn't see very well out of them, and the front and back of the bowl was straight and I could see that little feeder.

The feeder got up and dropped in 3 pelets! I gobbled them up. "I guess this is a once a day feeding deal." I said. The feeder started doing some mumbo-jumbo language and then it called be an "arco iris" "What are you talking about? Arco Iris that's crazy talk!" I exclaimed. What nonsense was this place!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #6 
TaylorW

I like this! Keep going! :)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #7 
bettafish15

:D Love it!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #8 
baylee767

Once again, thanks for the comments! Do you like his little temper? ;D

Part 4: Regrets

I'd been in this terrible home for a few weeks. I never saw Night again, and I could hardly see. The water was just too foggy. I rembered how one night I was on the brink of death than a full grown feeder changed my water. It burned my fins and all of my scales were sore. To make things worse, every time I went up for air my fins were pricked by that plant. My stomach hurt so bad, but I willingly ate my 7 pellets a day.

Did Night get a better life than this? I wondered. Maybe he's being pampered like a king. I was just about to go insane from that annoying box next to me, constantly yelling and flashing in bright colors all day. "What did I do this time to deserve this?" I said. There was no answer.

Occasionally that other young feeder would come and visit me. She would stare at me and occasionally the younger feeder would yell something and she would feed me. I liked her, she actually paid attention to me. Unlike my current feeder, who just rested on something large all day ignoreing me except for food. How much longer can I take this? Will I ever be saved?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #9 
TaylorW

Oh no!!! Save him, save him! :(
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #10 
baylee767

Part 5: (A few months later) My new life

The feeder that I liked so much was in the room agin. "Hello feeder!" I called out feebly. The feeder pointed at my bowl and they both ran out of the room, shouting something. The youger feeder came back in and grabbed my bowl, and boy was it shaking! She carried me out to the place where I usually get a water change. "Finally." I murmured.

I just sat in the room in my bowl for awhile, so I took a nap. When I woke up, the fully grown feeder was trying to scoop me up in a net! I zoomed away from the thing as much as I could, but I was caught. The feeder took we out of the water and I tried to leap out, but I couldn't. I was dumped back into water again.

I allowed my stress stripes to show while I swam down onto the bottom while my vision adjusted. When everything was clear, I made my stress stripes go away and gasped. This place was huge! Probably 3 times the size of my old home, with new rainbow gravel and no spiky plant! I got up and swam around and around, over joyed. I was a bit annoyed when my new tank was moved next to the annoying box, but it was worth it!

Thank you, my favorite feeder! I thought. Because I knew that it had told my current feeder to get me this home.