Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #31 
baylee767

I just wished "Night" (I didn't really name him, I didn't believe in naming fish then) Hadn't died. It's my fault, too. I bought him a little Betta bowl and changed it once a week like the package instructed. I also fed him 6 pellets a day like the instructions on the food packet said. Of course I wasn't absolutely certain that Bettas liked small spaces, in fact I told my dad My Betta would be unhappy in a small container, of course my dad didn't get me one. I still changed the water 1 time a week because I followed the package instructions. Poor Betta only lasted a month )=. I then did the research and found out I was doing everything wrong, got a new Betta, got another Betta, and now they're thriving. Poor "Night" )=
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #32 
bloo97

Aww. I'm sorry 'bout him.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #33 
baylee767

Yeah it's sad but I shouldn't dampen the mood from the storys happy ending. I noticed Neon and Velvet make their Bubblenests different. Neon makes his very spread out and thin, unfortunatly because it's only 1 layer of bubbles it's VERY weak. Velet makes his in the corner of his tank and it's many layers, but it's not that spread out, so it's much stronger.

Neons is bigger, Velvets is stronger. Just like the fish themselves <3
Old 12-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #34 
TaylorW

Aww, this is such a great story!! I am sorry about "Night" though, but you didn't know better! Don't worry, I killed my first goldfish...
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #35 
Ethan

great story I sometimes write stories not about bettas because for me it's so hard to grasp the feelings of the fish and put them into human wording because It's not like I can get into the tank and talk to the fish lol anyway you wrote an incredible inspiring story. I hope you will eventually write more stories about your other bettas and animals I've been hooked to your writing and I have almost been checking this post everyday.If it's ok I would like to ask you to write about Opal and the brother betta. Again you did an incredible job. And I'm so sorry Night died ,but now you do an incredible job making your bettas healthy and happy. Your very fortunate to have a lot of room for your bettas they key is to not only clean the water but also limit the food you feed that you feed the betta like three or four pellets. But you probably already know to do that now. I must again say I loved your story. I can almost picture how happy the fish is right now it is probably making a a happy grin in his tank.

Last edited by Ethan; 12-10-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #36 
akjadestar

I love your stories so much! You really inspired me to write my own and I'm gonna start one about Churro! But I was wondering if I can use one little thing from your story, the whole thing about bettas calling the humans 'feeders'? You don't have to but I was just wondering, it's a good idea! thanks (:
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #37 
baylee767

Thanks guys!

Ethan: Since you asked I'll make a story about poor old "Night". Opal, Flame, and Dragon were all made up characters. Ooh! I'm going to make 4 more stories on this thread, Nights, Opals, Flames, and Dragons! I get to make up 3 of those stories lol. Since it's harder to make up a story, I'll start with a true story. "Nights".

Part 1: My new feeder.

Royal was blabbering about something to do with energy. I was getting annoyed and told him to keep it down. Sheesh, why does he have so much energy? Doesn't he realize that this is no life to live? I wondered. Across the room I could just make out a tank of Corys swimming around, they reminded me of my old life in a community, but that feeder didn't want me...

No. I must not think about that. Two feeders were coming to the Betta shelf."More feeders. Fun." A Betta next to me, just a little young thing, said, "Why do you hate feeders so much, Night?" I sighed and answered, "You can't trust 'em. They're the ones who put you in a cup." One of the feeders, the older of the two, stopped to pick up my cup. Fortunatly it didn't shake it too much and it murmered something. Royals cup was picked up by the other feeder, and we were both brought to a larger feeder.

That larger feeder put blue water into a couple of bags and dumped us into them. Royal was shouting for help while I swam into the corner of me bag, trying to burst through the Bottom and escape. I can't believe I'm going with feeders again! They're just going to abandon me! I thought, as I was carried away.

Should I continue this "Series of Betta stories"?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #38 
BlueHaven

It is a great story. I'm sorry about Night too. I think we've all made mistakes though, but the good thing is learning.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #39 
baylee767

I've decided to continue these stories...

Part 2: The enemy

The feeders was pouring my bag into a net.. I was being carried through the air... And I was plopped into the water.

I looked around. I was just in a little half gallon bowl. "This is great, so much room!" Royal was saying in the bowl next to me. What? "No, it's not." I said. Royal glanced at me and asked, "Night, how big was your old home?" I sadly glanced at this little disapointment I now needed to call home and said, "10 gallons. I also had some cory neighbors, too." Royal looked confused, like he didn't even know what a gallon was.

The younger feeder carried Royal off and he shouted, "Bye Night! See you next water change!" I ignored him and despaired when I was carried into another room by the other feeder. The thing instantly tried to feed me. I decided that I might as well eat and ate a couple of pellets.

"You may feed me, but you are the one who took a Betta and put him in a ittle bowl. You are my enemy." I said to the feeder. I hate feeders! Why can't I just be a wild Betta?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #40 
Ethan

thankyou for continuing your story writing
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote