Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #41 
baylee767

NP (=

Part 3 (a month later)

"Oooh." I muttered, an old Bettas gasp of pain. It hurt to swim because this feeder was feeding me 6 and sometimes 9 pellets a day. The water was only changed once a week, and my tail became spikey. "Why? Why is my tail so spiky? Why to my scales hurt and burn? Why is this feeder torturing me?" I wondered aloud. That's it. I thought. I can't handle this anymore. I have no choice but to end this. I thought about jumping, but this tank gave me so little room that I had no energy for it.

Suddenly my feeder dropped in 3 more pellets. "Must... eat." I muttered, swimming to the surface. I ate one pellet, but my mouth became too sore to eat the others. I can't eat any more.

It was like I lacked the ability to eat. "Oh well." I muttered, swimming to the bottom with the other pellets uneaten. The feeder stared at me and scooped out the pellets with a net. It feels like my time is coming.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:09 AM   #42 
JaspersANGEL

I like these stories, especially the one about Night!
There a bit hard to understand but there really good!
Keep up the good work!!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #43 
baylee767

Well here's the end.

Part 4:

I couldn't, and wouldn't, eat for the next week.

My fins seemes glued together at the end, and my tail was growing spikier and spikier. I only occasionally went up for a breath of air. My feeder still kept on dropping in pellets and just scooping them out with a net. I didn't even bother try talking. I couldn't.

My gills hurt, white colored flecks were appearing against my black scales. Still the feeder did once weekly water changes, still the water became cloudy within a couple of days.

One night I was exhausted and it hurt to swim up to the surface to breath, but I had to. My feeder was staring at me, a look of hope and pleading in its eyes. There wasn't any where to hide, so I didn't bother trying.

That night I could feel it. I could feel my body shutting down, my scales growing heavy, and the surface seemed a world away to swim to for a breath. I looked around and could see the surface, it looked impossible to reach. I glanced around again, and I noticed that the sides of my home seemed to stretch forever. My scales didn't feel sore, and my tail wasn't spikey. I'm in Thailand. I realized. I've just died.

THE END

The end was sconfusing, but that's how I meant it to be. Like he just slipped away without even realizing it. I'll miss you, "Night" )=
Old 12-16-2010, 03:04 AM   #44 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Well here's the end.

Part 4:

I couldn't, and wouldn't, eat for the next week.

My fins seemes glued together at the end, and my tail was growing spikier and spikier. I only occasionally went up for a breath of air. My feeder still kept on dropping in pellets and just scooping them out with a net. I didn't even bother try talking. I couldn't.

My gills hurt, white colored flecks were appearing against my black scales. Still the feeder did once weekly water changes, still the water became cloudy within a couple of days.

One night I was exhausted and it hurt to swim up to the surface to breath, but I had to. My feeder was staring at me, a look of hope and pleading in its eyes. There wasn't any where to hide, so I didn't bother trying.

That night I could feel it. I could feel my body shutting down, my scales growing heavy, and the surface seemed a world away to swim to for a breath. I looked around and could see the surface, it looked impossible to reach. I glanced around again, and I noticed that the sides of my home seemed to stretch forever. My scales didn't feel sore, and my tail wasn't spikey. I'm in Thailand. I realized. I've just died.

THE END

The end was sconfusing, but that's how I meant it to be. Like he just slipped away without even realizing it. I'll miss you, "Night" )=
That is actually a really good ending. It could be a sad ending or happy one depending on how you want to look at it. :)
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:28 AM   #45 
baylee767

I guess it is. Now I'm making one of the made up stories, Dragons.

Part 1: Breeding stock

I swam in a quick circle and flared at the female in the tank next to mine. She was perfect! She was black, other thank a pure white patch of scales along her side. I swam up and half heartily made a bubble. She's not even near enough for breeding. I thought sadly. This was the life of a breeding stock Betta.

We got decently large homes, and were treated well. Most of the Bettas around me were freaks, instead of having a long tail they had semi-circle shaped tails and even 2 tails. Some of them were males with short fins. We were all brightly colored.

My reflection was staring at me, and I attacked it. It showed a shimmering turqoise Betta with red fins. I forgot it was my reflection and kept on bonking into the invisible wall. "Why.. can't.. I.. get.. you?" I said, before I remembered it was my reflection. I looked longingly at the female again. The only difference between the females was that some had two tails, some had spiky tails, and most had normal female tails.

Suddenly a feeder plunged the mesh into my tank. "No, never, never, never, never!!" I cried. The mesh was rarely used, but it always meant a trip to the air. The feeder chased me around for awhile, but I was caught. It carried me into the air for a few brief seconds, during which I flopped, terrified for my life, and than I hit water again. When I looked around I saw that this home was twice the size of my usual home. "Probably 10 gallons." I muttered.

I swam around for a few minutes, than a clear thing that went from the gravel to the surface was plunged into my tank. Inside of it was her, the female.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #46 
Ethan

lol he must have liked that female a ton!
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #47 
baylee767

Okay more for Dragon!

Part 2: Chatting with Opal

This bond is unnatural, that I knew. Bettas rarely stay hooked for ever to the first female they meet, but I was. I swam up to the female and flared my fins for all the world to see. "Hello, I'm Dragon!" I said, blowing a bubble for her. She flared back at me and said, "Well, Who cares. I mean, I could tell you my name, which is opal, but than I already have. Mister flappon or whatever." She replied cooly.

I was shocked and just flared at her again, this time in embaressment. "Well... Opal isn't exactly the coolest name around either. What are you, a Betta or a stone?" I replied. She flared again, more cautiosly. "I guess you aren't as soft as you look." She mumbled, before swimming up to get a breath of air. Yes! I thought. She's starting to like me! If only I could breed with her... But something that's almost invisible is seperating us. I swam away and hid in a plant to think.

A few days later, after I had built my bubblenest huge and strong, the barrier suddenly disappeared. Opal was released into the tank. I followed her everywhere, asking countless questions. "How were you born with that beautiful white orb on your side?" I asked. She swam away quickly and said under her breath "Stop following me..." But I kept on pursuing.

After a day or two (I lost track of the time) She agreed to follow me and we swam under my bubblenest. I brought up the embrace in my mind and tried it out on her. We were very clumbsy at first, I got her head one time. But eventually we got it. I saw white specks floating through the water, and caught them by instinct and placed them in my bubblenest. We continued this for a few hours, but I got tired of it.

"Okay, leave now". I said impatiently, frantically glancing at the white specks in my bubblenest. "But..." Opal was cut short. "GO!" I zipped over and nipped her fins. She gasped in shock and swam away to hide in a plant. "I'm sorry, but I have to do it." I mumbled.

Later that day, the mesh returned and picked Opal up. She didn't so much as struggle to escape it.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #48 
baylee767

Part 3: We got fry!

I glanced nervously at Opals tank the next day. She was sitting at the front staring at me. I spun around and began tending to the eggs again. "One eggy two eggy three eggy four..." I whispered to keep myself busy. That day was nothing but bubblenest work.

The next day I woke up to see something tiny and strange slip out of the bubblenest. I rushed over and caught it, and realized it was a fry. I Placed it back into the nest and zoomed to the front of the tank. "Opal! We have fry!" I shouted. She zipped to the front of her tank and stared in astonishment when a fry slipped behind me. I rushed over to catch it. It was obvious she was still mad at me for suddenly rushing her off, because she quickly went away. Sheesh, she holds a grudge.

A few hours later I was frantically swimming, catching lots of fry. I needed a break, but couldn't take one. Opal watched smugly and said, "It's like you're dancing like a feeder. Dance, feeder boy." I wanted to stop after that, but of course the fry kept falling so I couldn't. Some of the females near me were laughing.

It's not fair! These dumb fry keep falling, and evertime I have to pick it up a dumb female starts giggling! Thanks alot, Opal! I thought, angrily putting fry back in the nest again and again. Eventually the females got tired of their little game and made themselves be entertained by just watching me pick up fry.

Eventually the fry finally learned to swim. I quickly told them about me and their mother, but I was also eventually taken away. Back to my tank, right next to Opal.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #49 
baylee767

Comments, anyone?

Part 4: A whole new lifestyle

Opal was glancing at me hopefully in the tank next door, and my heart fluttered like a leaf. "I'm sorry." She said. "No, I'm sorry." I answered. Opal nodded and turned away into a stone ornament. There was a wierd noise all of a sudden. I turned and there was a mass of bubbles flowing up out of a wierd block. I swam right into them and started biting and chasing them around. "You will be my dinner!" I shouted, attacking the things.

Then the feeder was back with reall food. "Oh, I'm back on pellets again" I muttered. For the past couple of weeks I'd been recieving lots of meat, like shrimp and worms. I still ate the pellets without complaint. When I looked around at my tank, I saw it had been rearanged. There was a little forest of plants in half the tank, and some type of ornament with a hole I could just see barely see in there. Out here There was a piece of wood with something really soft and green on it. On it was these little red things.

I chased one, but it zipped on over to the forest. "You're not worth the trouble." I said to it. Another thing in the front was this big cave thing. I investigated, and chased out a few more red things. And so a new scedule began. I would sleep in the ornament in the forest, wake up, chase red things out of the forest, chase them out of the cave, chase bubbles, eat, chat with other Bettas, eat, chase red things again, chase bubbles again, sleep. It was a great life.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #50 
baylee767

Part 5: Good Bye Fry

It has been a few months. All of my fry were in seperate little jars. They named themselves, and I was especially proud of one of them. Flame looked almost identical to me, and was the fiestiest fry of them all. He had a red circle on his side, almost like Opals white one. I would flare at him every day and he'd flare back.

The other fry were okay, but nothing compared to Flame. It was like me and Opal morphed together to create the perfect Betta. That's why I was disappointed when the feeder was taking the jars away, probably for the petstore. "Don't take that one!" I shouted when the feeder reached Flame. Either it was luck or it wasn't, but Flame wasn't going to the petstore. The feeder put him in a 5 gallon tank nearby!

I lived for many years, eventually Opal, and even Flame, died. I had 5 more batches of fry with Opal, and we live great next to eachother. On my 7th year, I could feel it coming. I couldn't go up for air, I just layed on the bottom of my tank. "Thank you feeder, for taking care of me." I whispered, before darkness shrouded over me for the last time.

THE END

I don't think this story was very popular /= should I even bother writing the others?