Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #51 
betta4ever

LOVE THEM!!!!! continue
betta4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #52 
baylee767

Okay fine =D Opals story (I don't think my made up ones are very good...)

Part 1: A pitiful Betta

I looked at the tank next to me. "That's the new guy!" Somebody next to me said. He obviously was just shipped in, he looked a mess. He had huge stress stripes and was a pale gray and orange color. What an ugly Betta! I pitied him. I was going to say something, but the Betta next to him, Penny, got there first. "Hey you with the gray scales, I'm Penny!" He said. He showed off his giant coppery fins, obviously trying to intimidate the new guy. The new Betta flared back, his fins were pitiful in comparison, stuck together at the ends.

"I'm dragon." He replied, with a voice full of might. It surprised me, with such an appearance I expected him to be a timid thing. Penny drew back in surprise, also, and said, "You wont last a week here. Only HANDSOME Bettas get to breed." Before zooming around and hiding off somewhere in his tank. Dragon looked at me hopefully, but I didn't want anything to do with him and hid behind a plant.

I peeked out and saw him flaring at his reflection and then turning away. The stress stripes were gone when he turned.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #53 
baylee767

I REALLY want to write more... so....

Part 2: Not so pitiful

The next morning I swam out and looked at Dragons tank. I gasped. They really did replace him! THere's a new Betta in there! This new Betta had a shimmering turquoise body and brilliant red fins. He flared his fins, and they were huge. Lily was in one of the nearby tanks and she started flirting and called out, "You who! Hello new Betta, I'm Lily. Welcome here!"

"And I'm Dragon. I've already been 'welcomed'" He made a motion towards Penny's tank. Dragon! He looked nothing like Dragon... I guess his trip here had been stressful. Penny came out and flared angrily. "So what, you colored up. you're still ugly!" Dragon angrily launched hisself out of the small gap on the top of his tank and landed in Pennys. After awhile he launched hiself back into his tank. Penny was laying on his side on the bottom of his tank gasping, missing half his fins.

"wow Dragon, that was impressive!" Lily called out, swishing her tail. "Uh huh." He replied glancing at my tank. I looked away. At that moment the feeder came in, and didn't sound too happy. Nice going dragon.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #54 
fishman12

So intense! Write more!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #55 
baylee767

Part 3: My new tank

It had beena month or two, and my tank had been moved. Well, the mesh was coming for me. It scooped me up and carried me across the room and dunked me into a large tank. It was probably 10 gallons, and there was another female already in there. "Hey!" I called out, angry. She's trying to steal my home! Before I could do anything, another female was dumped in. Than I realized we were going to have to live together.

Two more females were dumped in, and they all tried to claim territory. I chose a spot with some soft green stuff and a rock with lots of little holes in it. The part I liked best was that I could look down on Dragon, Penny, and some other Bettas. The other females tried to steal it from me since I had the best hiding spot, but I beat them all and got to keep my territory.

The other females kept obn squabbling, but I decided to stay out of it. When food came the others forgot their anger and all ate. I ate my share, too. "This place is great!" I said. It was, and it was interesting to watch all the other females do their thing. This is going to be fun!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #56 
fishman12

Yay!!!!!!! Can't wait for more!!!!!!!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #57 
baylee767

Part 4: Another new tank?

Only a few days later the mesh came again for me. I was scooped out and dropped into yet another tank. This one had Dragon in it, fortunatly there seemed to be some kind of barrier between us. "What's going on?" I asked. Dragon flared his fins to show he didn't understand. But he smiled, which meant he liked it.

And so my first spawning happened. After the eggs were layed, Dragon started getting panicky for some reason. He bit me! I swam away and allowed the mesh to take me.

When I returned to my home, everything had been rearanged! The other females had obviously been taken out, because there was only a few in there. I swam to my old spot. This time it had a big leafy plant, but my hidey hole was in the same spot. When the other females came in they tried to steal my territory. I gave them some nasty nips.

I also got some new neighbors, too. These red things were in the tank. They stayed mainly towards the patch of green stuff, which was now near the center of the tank, but they did stray over to me. Unfortunatly they looked just a tad too big to bite.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #58 
baylee767

I'll end it here.

Part 5: My life

Eventually I made up with Dragon after seeing a female with badly tattered fins and missing scales because of breeding. After that we watched our fry grow up.

Our favorite was flame, the finest fry in the spawn. He was very aggressive and stronge and had great coloration and body shape. The other fry were great, too. One of them turned out black with a turquoise that only showed up in the right lighting and red fins. One of the females was the mirror image of me.

I lived out my life here in the breeding stock, living for 4 years. Occasionally I got sick, but I always healed. I spawned with Dragon a few more times. I lived with the other females for the whole time. I even managed to jump into Dragons tank once and spawn without the feeder knowing until it was too late.

In the end, I rested on the bottom of the tank, and my body wouldn't cooperate. The other females took some nips out of me, but I hardly noticed. I said my last words, thinking of my whole great life. "Thanks for the life, but why do I have to go first?" Before blinding lights shone in my eyes.

THE END
Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #59 
dramaqueen
Banned

Awww, cute story! I like it!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #60 
Luimeril

great stories! Night's made me cry a bit. :<
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote