Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #11 
AngelicScars

Yep! I've had bettas that would rest in a plant, on the gravel, in there cave/under their bridge, floating at the top. Every once in awhile I'll get worried and try to get them to move. They always sort of move and give this, why did you bother me?! Look.

It's definitely a good idea to turn the light off at night.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #12 
JaspersANGEL

My Betta Jasper (R.I.P.) every night slept either in his cave or curled up in his shell, he preferred the shell..and it was so cute seeing him curled up in there.

So ya Betta's do sleep like all the other's said.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #13 
TRISHIESfishie

Part 2 question. How much do/should they sleep? When should I worry?
TRISHIESfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #14 
JaspersANGEL

*hahahah* I think u worry too much, just make urself a nice cup of tea and relax.

Well unless ur Betta is sick, like if he's not moving and just sitting in one spot all day. He should wake up when u turn on the tank light in the morning (mine are even awake and swimming before I wake up), wait a bit when u turn the tank light on ..they are like us in the morning..all groggy and stuff.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #15 
Sweeda88

I made both my Bettas "Leaf hammocks" that I suction cupped to their tank walls. They love to sleep on them. In nature, the sleep near the surface so the can breathe in air. You can get them at PetSmart, but I made mine so it would be metal free. All I did was sew two leaves together so there would be now rough edges, then I sewed them to the suction cup, and adjusted it on the tank wall so there wasn't much more height to the top of the water than a Betta body. =)
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #16 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I made both my Bettas "Leaf hammocks" that I suction cupped to their tank walls. They love to sleep on them. In nature, the sleep near the surface so the can breathe in air. You can get them at PetSmart, but I made mine so it would be metal free. All I did was sew two leaves together so there would be now rough edges, then I sewed them to the suction cup, and adjusted it on the tank wall so there wasn't much more height to the top of the water than a Betta body. =)
I AM SO GETTING A FEW (Or Making a few) OF THESE FOR DRAX NOW! (Sorry just that sounds adorable.)

He loves to be around the top anyway, the live leaves (That you all think will rot eventually.) get jostled too much by the filter. If I put a few of these Suction leaves on the left side of the tank... oh I bet he'd LOVE them! Since there is really no... middle ground in the tank... just... bottom, cave thing... then top. Maybe I'll get three and put them at each level in different spots.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #17 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
I AM SO GETTING A FEW (Or Making a few) OF THESE FOR DRAX NOW! (Sorry just that sounds adorable.)

He loves to be around the top anyway, the live leaves (That you all think will rot eventually.) get jostled too much by the filter. If I put a few of these Suction leaves on the left side of the tank... oh I bet he'd LOVE them! Since there is really no... middle ground in the tank... just... bottom, cave thing... then top. Maybe I'll get three and put them at each level in different spots.
He'll LOVE them! I really suggest making them. The metal in the PetSmart kind is a bad idea. I just cut the leaves off fake flowers.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #18 
TRISHIESfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaspersANGEL View Post
*hahahah* I think u worry too much, just make urself a nice cup of tea and relax.

Well unless ur Betta is sick, like if he's not moving and just sitting in one spot all day. He should wake up when u turn on the tank light in the morning (mine are even awake and swimming before I wake up), wait a bit when u turn the tank light on ..they are like us in the morning..all groggy and stuff.
LOL I know I need to. He was sick and had only been back in his real tank a few days and started slowing down agaain so I wanted be sure before I plopped him in treatment again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I read about the store ones and want to make some as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post

yep yep! I will put mine in the middle
TRISHIESfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #19 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybetta View Post
Yes. It mimics nature's day and night cycles.

This ^^
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote