Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #1 
chippy0047

hi got a problem with molly

i know that this forum is about bettas but also many of you have other fish as well. i have a sick molly. she has pink growth around the gills and a white cottony growth near her dorsal fin. i am rather conserned about tis as it is a recent development. the tank is a brackish water tank on account of my violet goby. so far she is the only one afflicted with it. my camera is not working atm. i know my tank is severly under maintained as of right now i have recently had alot of family problems and am under enormous time constraints *financial as well* as we speak i am setting up the quarantine tank 10 gallon. there is litteraly 30 other mollies *baby and fry* in the tank. and medicating the tank is not a route i can go since the goby *who the tank belongs too* is a scaleless fish and there are several ghost shrimps in there as well. as i remember the pink things are parasites right? and the cotton spot would be a fungal infection. could this be brought on by my heater dying and slapping in a replacement? would that and the recent child birthing have stressed her enough to let her catch that? or is it a tank killing problem? so far my treatment plans are hyper salinity for the tank plus hospital tank plus what ever medicine *not tea tree oil* will kill the fungi. thanks for any help and information redirects in advanced.
chippy0047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #2 
chippy0047

ok never mide just euthenized her.
chippy0047 is offline   Reply With Quote