Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #1 
xswornxoffxjello

Talking One sweet looking snake on Craigslist...

Beautiful. I know there are some people on here who keep snakes; does anyone know anything about this breed?

I'd like a pet snake someday, but my parents hate them, and I've got a pretty full plate with Ayla right now. Someday when I have the time and room though...
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #2 
TaylorW

Gorgeous! I know nothing about snakes, but that one looks amazing! :D
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #3 
beat2020

Beautiful snake! :)

I believe they are called Brazillian Rainbow Boas. If I remeber correctly, another member on here,purplemuffin, has be planning to get one. Maybe you should ask her for advice. :)
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #4 
purplemuffin

Eeek brazilian rainbow boas yes!

I can give you any info you want! These guys aren't considered beginner snakes because they require specific higher humidity set ups and are known to be nippy as babies(though, as they continue to be bred in homes they are taming down quite a bit!)

If you ever want a snake I recommend a corn snake to start, they are cheap, don't get too big, and are some of the sweetest snakes you can own. Ball pythons(my fave) are equally sweet and easy, but they tend to decide to not eat for months at a time..which is very frustrating and frightening for someone who hasn't had snakes long enough to tell what's the problem!

Our girl Maru is a ball python, she's only bitten once--and for good reason! A very drunk man messing with her, and trying to pick her up by her head! She gave him several warnings and a nip, he didn't even realize he had been bitten until a few minutes later! Great thing about smaller snakes, their bites hurt less than a cat scratch, they're more surprising than painful.

When we first got maru she decided to go off of feed for 5 months! Thankfully she was already a healthy weight, and didn't even lose a gram of weight during the fast(lazy critters!).. Finally she ate for us, and now she eats pretty well, but she has her days when she decides to diet!

My boyfriend and I are still on the search for a high-red Brazilian Rainbow Boa, hoping for one in Texas if possible, but it looks like shipping is our only option! Alas! At least it gives me more time to study the species!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #5 
VioletTrauma

pretty snake
VioletTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:26 AM   #6 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

verrry pretty =]
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote